+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What piece to get next?

What piece to get next?

So, I'm a Warrior tank, and I'm in a bit of a pickle as to what I should get next for my Frosts. I've got 96, so can get anything at this point.
    Was planning on getting the T10 Helm, until I realised it'd make my Expertise drop to 15-16, which, to me, feels ridiculously low.

Anyway, to the point. Halp, what should I get? Cataclysmic Chestguard and ditch the 4p T10 for 2 items longer, or get the helm and eat Exp food? Or get the T10 Chest and worry about that later?

Oh, right. I only raid ICC10 normal so far, and the (highly) occasional ICC25 run, so symbols to upgrade to T10.5 isn't realy to be expected.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    - This space for hire -

The way I've calculated mine, is to not worry about 4p t10 being that I won't need it, I think it's only good in two or three fights, which pallies shine in, but ultimately not worth it overall. Picking up instead head and shoulders, then having pillars of might + cataclysmic chest guard + taldaram's plated fists to fix the exp issue. Although that's based on getting tokens/items from 10m heroic.
    The best way out is always through!
    Eraser - Ragnarok - 10 Man Strict - Gundrak Server

Gloves of the Kraken > Taldaram's Plated Fists.

Some resources for you:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Tanking-Guide <- goto the gearing section
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html <- doesn't include the changes to T10 chest and gloves, however it was determined that the results were the same (basically don't worry about 4 set until 277 gear).
    http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/12/2...st-pick-order/ <- tankingtips.com very good frost emblem pick order, obviously you may want to make changes based on your current gear, but it is a really good tool to help you decide what to get next
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Woops, I meant veincrusher gauntlets from queen lanathel. While it lacks the 1k armour bonus it makes up for it imo with the 70 exp (hardmode version). It means, if I'm not mistaken, that those gloves + chest piece will put you at the soft exp cap, which is a chunk load of threat for 2 pieces. It may not be optimal survival but it sure is practical.
    The best way out is always through!
    Eraser - Ragnarok - 10 Man Strict - Gundrak Server

i think the boots from VDW are a better option for getting the extra expertise you need.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread