+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fps issuses even tho i believe my PC is good =[

Fps issuses even tho i believe my PC is good =[

I am having Trouble with my FPS i havent had my PC long, maybe 5 months and was wondering why in the last month or so i have been have in FPS problems. My fps seems so be ok before pull 20-30 but when i enter combat it dips to 5 and it makes me angry XD. I play MW2 and my fps is fine 80fps. My setting are all max but i have taken spectaclar lighting and full screen glow effect. my ms hangs around 120 if that makes a difference. i no my PC can handle WOW because it has before.

My PC spec
    Manufacturer: XFX
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 500 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Monitor: 17" 60hz refresh rate
    Sound Card: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
    Speakers/Headphones: Steelseries Siberia Neckband
    Keyboard: Logitech g15
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)
    Motherboard: XFX 750i sli
    Computer Case: Antec 900

Addons
    Skinner (viewpoint addon)
    Kgpanels
    Bartender4
    Pitbull
    Grid
    Sqwark and awe (moonkin addon)
    Sexy map
    Elkano's BuffBars
    buffalo3
    FuBar
    bagnon
    chatter
    recount
    omen
    deadly boss mod
    tidy plates
    quartz
    i think thats it XD
    If you want to know anything more please ask i would really like to sort this problem out.

Thanks =]

Well I wouldn't call 20-30 to start with "good", but I can see the concern. What res are you playing on? WHat is your monitor's native res? Many monitors operate better at their native resolution

i play at 1280x1024 same as my monitors res

Maybe try a driver update?

I mean, your setup isn't much different than that of a lot of wow players I know that pull double that framerate. I don't think it's addons or hardware, although cutting down on either or reducing your settings more wouldn't hurt of course.

Have you tried disabling all your addons before going in to combat?
    Had a similar problem a while ago, which only appeared when entering combat in a 25man raid.

Another thing it could be is high temperatures in your computer.

Yeah I want to back up Daxwax on that I had the same problem you described only I was starting at almost 70 fps and then when we would go into a boss fight with everything happening it would drop down to around 5 fps. Totally unable to be of any use in the boss fight essentially. So I backed off disabled all of my addons and reloaded and everything was back to normal. So I then proceeded to enable all of my long term addons first and then one by one until I found the culprit. Indeed it was an addon I had recently decided to try I disabled that on and everythng else worked great. The addon in question then updated soon afer and the issue had been fixed. But definitely give this a try.

This Wednesday i will try to disable add-ons and hopefully sort out my fps so that i can start making some videos =] ty for the advise.

videos...wait, are you running FRAPS or something in the background while playing? Are you running it when you're having these issues?

no just ignore the video part XD

Did u configure VSync, if the answer is yes take it off just to see.

I don't have much info on your monitor but I know for sure that a 17inch should have better refresh rate....

Maybe it has nothing to do with your problem but I will still look into it.

On the other side considering your video card having 20 to 30 fps in 25mans its not that bad. I think you shouldnt expect much more. The only thing you should look for is a stable FPS rate.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sardaukarz View Post
    Did u configure VSync, if the answer is yes take it off just to see.

I don't have much info on your monitor but I know for sure that a 17inch should have better refresh rate....

Maybe it has nothing to do with your problem but I will still look into it.

On the other side considering your video card having 20 to 30 fps in 25mans its not that bad. I think you shouldnt expect much more. The only thing you should look for is a stable FPS rate.

Good luck.
    Yeah but he's also saying that's not in combat. He's getting 5 in combat. Which honestly tells me to turn off post-processing effects like all the spell stuff, but there's really no reason that computer should need to.

Unfortunately many people dont tend to understand how hard is WOW on a computer.

In 25 mans I have (sometimes) similar problems and my config it's as good as his and better. (hardware wise).

Thought I tend to belive it's still software related it is safe to assume that some tweaking of his configuration needs to be done.

If you read what Eisen is suggesting I think it's a valid point and you should try. Nevertheless I would still try disabling V-Sync just to see what is happening.

Also, I have passed trought the add-ons that you are using and I can tell you I had numerous and various problems with Skinner. That is why I don't use it anymore. It went from freezing my wow to the point that I couldnt click the buttons anymore.

+ Reply to Thread