+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Gaming Peripherals?

Which Gaming Peripherals?

I'm going to be coming back to WoW again soon and I was wondering what gaming peripherals people were using.

Has the Razer Naga caught on, or did that flop like I was expecting? Are a lot of people still using keyboards or have people switched to the products like n52te?

And what is the hardware that the pro tournaments are using/allow?

Thanks

I love my G13 peripheral, so dam comfortable.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I'm using the Belkin n52te and a Razer Lachesis Mouse right now.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

G13 vs n52te? And by you not using the Razer Naga, I assume that it isn't that great?

Is the naga even allowed in tournaments?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezebu View Post
    G13 vs n52te? And by you not using the Razer Naga, I assume that it isn't that great?

Is the naga even allowed in tournaments?
    I use a logitech mouse, a Razer product would likely be better if I had the money. Check around the forums Ciderhelm did a Razer hardware review.

Not sure about the tourneys.

G-13 v n52te is personal preference, I got my G-13 as an x-mas present. It just so happened it feels really natural to use so I love it. I have not tried the n52te.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Using a Razer Diamondback (I like the way it fits my hand better than the Lachesis or Naga, plus it's cheaper!) and uh...a cheap microsoft keyboard. I should do something about that.

So, if I were to get a G13/n52te, would buying a gaming keyboard be useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezebu View Post
    So, if I were to get a G13/n52te, would buying a gaming keyboard be useless?
    Yes and no, it all depends how you set it up. I personally would set up my n52te to emulate what my keyboard normally does (which would make a gaming keyboard useless)--while my mouse does what it has always done. But my roommate uses a N52TE with a gaming keyboard for WoW, and only uses a mouse for first person shooter games.

But anyway, I personally use a Razer Diamondback 3g, and the Razer Arctosa. I also have a N52TE, but at the moment it is sitting under a pile of cloths behind me. I had previously used it for vehicles Battlefield 1942/2/BC2 (never WoW), but recently replaced it with a Xbox 360 controller.

ps. The official WoW tournament doesn't restrict the use of gaming peripherals with the exception of the "macro" ability included with most gaming products. For example, you can set the driver software to have your mouse button 1 to instead press the "G" key. But you can't set it to press the "G" key, then wait one second, then press it again, then wait another second, then press it again, etc.

A blue post I read about peripherals awhile back (which I didn't bookmark for some reason) said something along the lines of this: "You can use your input devices' software to emulate what macros do in-game, but you cannot set it to surpass the ability of in-game macros."
    Last edited by Helgi; 03-24-2010 at 07:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread