+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conclusions about Trinkets Per Boss ICC 25 (normal)

Conclusions about Trinkets Per Boss ICC 25 (normal)

Conclusions about what trinkets to use for ICC 25 (normal) based on WoL parses from the other tanks I run with, myself and from some community members.

Lord Marowgar
    Melee + Saber Lash + Bone Storm = 100% (Physical Damage)

Conclusion = Armor/Stamina

Lady Deathwhisper
    Frostbolt Volley + Frostbolt = 56% (Frost Damage)
    Death and Decay + Shadowbolt = 33% (Shadow Damage)
    Melee = 11% (Physical Damage)
    Adds, mixed physical and magic damage = Irrelevant.

Conclusion = Stamina/Stamina

Gunship
    Its LOL Gunship....

Conclusion = Seriously on normal mode, it dose not matter.

Deathbringer Saurfang

Melee + Blood Nova + Boiling Blood + Rune of Blood + Mark of the Fallen Champion = 100% (Physical Damage)

Rotface
    Melee + Mutated Infection = 74.7% (Physical Damage)
    Slime Spray = 25.3% (Nature Damage)

Festergut
    Melee + Vial Gas + Gastric Bloat = 86.3% (Physical Damage)
    Gaseous Blight + Pungent Blight + Spores = 13.7% (Shadow Damage)

Professor Putricide
    Melee = 100% (Physical Damage)

Blood Council

Prince Valanar
    Melee + Empowered Shock Vortex = 100% (Physical Damage)

Prince Taldaram
    Data Coming Soon.

Prince Keleseth
    Data Coming Soon.

Blood Queen

Main Tank
    Melee = 74.7% (Physical Damage)
    Shroud of Sorrow + Twilight Bloodbolt = 25.3% (Shadow Damage)

Conclusion = Armor/Stamina or Armor/Armor (Highly advisable iif you are comfortable with your HP levels)

Off- Tank
    Blood Mirror + Twilight Bloodbolt + Shroud of Sorrow = 87.8% (Shadow Damage)
    Delirious Slash + Vampire Bite = 12.2% (Physical Damage)

Dreamwalker

Tank 1
    Melee = 63% (Physical Damage)
    Gut Spray + Flesh Rot = 32.3 (Nature Damage)
    Frostbolt Volley = 2.5% (Frost Damage)
    Lay Waste = 2.3% (Fire Damage)

Tank 2
    Melee = 66.9% (Physical Damage)
    Gut Spray + Flesh Rot + Acid Burst = 27.3% (Nature Damage)
    Frostbolt Volley = 3.1% (Frost Damage)
    Lay Waste = 2.7% (Fire Damage)

Overall conclusions: Stamina/Stamina (Although there is significant physical damage, the amount of magic damage is unpredictable and best covered by more stamina).

Sindragosa
    Data Coming Soon.

Conclusion = Stamina/Stamina , based off suggestions listed in the below replies.

The Lich King
    Data Coming Soon.

Conclusion = Stamina/Stamin, based off suggestions listed in the below replies.

Feel free to add any further notes, especially on Sindragosa or LK. Please remember this is for 25 man normal, lets not get into huge "what if" and limited situation debates.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 03-21-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I use stamina / stamina on sindragosa, it's the big frost breath bombs in p3 that will kill me, not her melee. Even when wearing frost resist I find the stam / stam combo most reliable as her melee (at least in normal) is non-threatening.

I've only OT'd LK (safeguard bot) but I find stam / stam to be where it's at.
    LK damage inc.jpg

You can discount fury of the frostmourne, that's the attack he does to wipe the raid. (and yes i got hit by a lot of remorseless winter, damn pathing bug forced my to back pedal too much for Raging spirits).

Even though the vast majority of the damage I took was physical, the highest burst damage is soul shriek + melee from the raging spirits, and Spirit burst from the ph 3 ghosts. At 18.5k the soul shriek is easily the most dangerous single hit ability. Depending on your ranged dps skills on vile spirits, you may take a ton of burst damage from spirit burst.

Our MT damage:

LK alex dmg inc.jpg

Physical damage is substantially the most damage done, followed by soul reaper. Soul reaper is dangerous, but predictable. I'd say armor / stam if your MT.
    Last edited by drae; 03-19-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Seems like a fairly accurate list Boda but I am going to have do disagree with you on one point, Festergut. The problem with your Festergut assessment is that you count all damage while the only damage that matters is while you are tanking him, particularly on stacks 2 and 3. At that point because of high physical damage physical damage is going to be a much higher damage incoming percentage compared to when the other tank has him and the only damage you take is not physical thus increasing the rate of non physical damage for the fight.
    Last edited by krc; 03-19-2010 at 02:41 PM.

I'd agree, the dangerous damage on festergut is the 3 inhale melee, I wear armor / stam on that fight.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Right so I double checked the data and must have pulled Festergut in the OP from the wrong window.

I am seeing numbers more on the order of 70-80%(Physical Damage) for both tanks, so yes the conclusion would be: Armor/Stamina

So noted and edited into the OP, thanks for the extra set of eyes guys.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Why are you not counting Coldflame damage (frost) on Marrowgar? Our tanks usually take 10-20% of their damage from it. Bonestorm isn't really worth mentioning as a damage percentage on the tanks. It's not what will kill you anyway.

For Lich King you want Stam/Stam to deal with the enormous magic spike damage, it's mostly shadow.
    Last edited by vine; 03-19-2010 at 04:52 PM.

I would suggest Armor/Armor for the BQL main tank. As a warrior, I tend to pop last stand+Bloodrage 4pc during Air Phase, effectively negating that damage. That means my #1 priority is lessening the damage the OT is taking.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    Why are you not counting Coldflame damage (frost) on Marrowgar? Our tanks usually take 10-20% of their damage from it. Bonestorm isn't really worth mentioning as a damage percentage on the tanks. It's not what will kill you anyway.
    I added percents of magic and physical damage for totals and included their sources. Though many of them are small percentages they make up the total so they were included for an overall picture. On the one Lord Marowgar parse I checked I had no coldflame damage recorded, either there was a bug in the WoL report for that fight or I was really on my game. In any event it is a very small portion of the damage in the fight and in the case of trinkets you want the ones that will benefit you the most overall, in this case armor/stamina.

I thought I read somewhere on here that the corpse tongue coin can be really good for the lich king?
    although it could have been proven wrong.
    All things aside, good article.

Although it would be nice to see where the organ might be more useful. As in, fights where it's uptime has a higher probabiltiy, (seeing as when it procs its both)

As tank it depends on the tactic used by the team if you'll take a lot of coldflame damage or not from marrowgar.

If the raid moves in then all the flames go towards the tanks and not the raid, while if they don't it goes for the raid not the tanks.

Informative article, was waiting for something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post

Although it would be nice to see where the organ might be more useful. As in, fights where it's uptime has a higher probabiltiy, (seeing as when it procs its both)
    It all depends on if your the MT or OT for the encounter in question. The ones where I listed as Armor/Stamina, I will be using the Organ/Key.

I also edited the OP to include suggestions from the above posters on Sindragosa and LK.

Thanks for your replies!

Quote Originally Posted by almightypancake View Post
    I would suggest Armor/Armor for the BQL main tank.
    So noted, thank you for your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Informative article, was waiting for something like this
    Thank you, I am always happy when I find a way (all be it small) to give back to the community that has helped me for so many years.

Something I've always done on DBS is to use 2 dodge trinkets to minimize the damage on the marked people (as tank damage isn't really an issue there). Now I heard someone say the mark will hit wether saurfang's swing connects or not, where as I know it did not use to (before plagueworks were released and DBS was the hardest fight in ICC).
    I see you also advice using other trinkets. Am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Something I've always done on DBS is to use 2 dodge trinkets to minimize the damage on the marked people (as tank damage isn't really an issue there). Now I heard someone say the mark will hit wether saurfang's swing connects or not, where as I know it did not use to (before plagueworks were released and DBS was the hardest fight in ICC).
    I see you also advice using other trinkets. Am I doing it wrong?
    Avoidance is random, as in you cannot count on it. Armor is a much better static source of damage reduction, which is your primary concern. Your healers assigned to mark healing should be able to handle the few marks that go out just fine.

I'd respond to this thread but I'd just be repeating what I've already said here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...of-trinket-use
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I'd respond to this thread but I'd just be repeating what I've already said here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...of-trinket-use
    Your points are well taken and I would advise anyone who cares enough about min/maxing their tank to read the information contained in the above link. My goal with this post was not to give "be all" conclusions, but more of a general guide line for people to reference. In the end an informed tank is the best one, so if anyone feels any of the suggestions in the OP don't fit well given your particular gearing situation, then by all means crunch your personal numbers and get to the bottom of it.

+ Reply to Thread