+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade Ward VS Mongoose

Blade Ward VS Mongoose

hello hello ive seen a huge amount of posts about what tanking enchant is the best one but so far i havet seen anyone who can acturally back it up without just talking about the glow :P

i have currently used blade ward for a long time but iam starting to consider changing to mongoose for the threat and the 1,95% dodge you get from it. (also unsure about the uptime on it)

do anyone know a place where they acturally did some tests about what give the highest bonus?

i gotta mention i am a prot pally so i dont gain any aditional threat from the dmg on blade ward.

If you dig deep enough there are actually threads that have math done on the tanking enchants. Additionally this question has been asked easily x5 times in the last week in recent threads all giving the same information I'm about to give you....

The biggest thing you need to understand is that you could enchant your weapon with [Chocolate Cake] and it wont make or break you. That's why you see people talking about taking the glow

Blood Draining is the best EH (Effective Health, Stamina + Armor) enchant. Typically the best all around for progression raiding in ICC 10/25, because EH is a favored way to gear for that instance.

Mongoose is the best threat enchant and very comparable to Blood Draining.

Blade Ward is the best Avoidance enchant.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

/sigh.

Blue. Freaking. Lightning. Why don't people understand the lightning is the most important part??

Seriously though: What Bodasafa said.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ght=blade+ward one of the many threads Boda mentioned.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Also it depends on your class. The uptime for warriors is significantly less than it is for paladins for mongoose and paladins get a better return from agi than warriors do. For warriors I personally recommend bladeward for avoidance and Blood Draining for EH, and well... since I'm an EH slut I therefore recommend blood draining. For pallies since the uptime of mongoose is so high, using mongoose or blood draining is acceptable, they are very comparable especially since agi gives armor.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post

Also it depends on your class. The uptime for warriors is significantly less than it is for paladins for mongoose and paladins get a better return from agi than warriors do. For warriors I personally recommend bladeward for avoidance and Blood Draining for EH, and well... since I'm an EH slut I therefore recommend blood draining. For pallies since the uptime of mongoose is so high, using mongoose or blood draining is acceptable, they are very comparable especially since agi gives armor.
    Wait you mean there are other chants besides Blood Draining?!

PRETTY PICTURE!

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    Wait you mean there are other chants besides Blood Draining?!

PRETTY PICTURE!
    OMGbluelightning

We did this in another thread too, didn't we?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Lol! This is epic.

We did this in another thread too, didn't we?
    It blurs together /shrug
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread