+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arcane Mage Tips needed!

Arcane Mage Tips needed!

Hey guys, my main character is a mage and I've been running some ICC stuff and I just can't seem to hold 6.5-7k dps I can do 9k peak but obviously it drops a butt-ton... Rawr says I should be doin 8 (which seems crazy to me) but maybe i'm wrong

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...f&cn=Magespire

Am I gemmed and all that properly?

My rotation is usually: Pop everything at first, ABx4, AM, AB then ABx4 until proc AM,AB and usually I'm above all the other mages but never #1... Usually 3 or 4 so is this just a gear check or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Those kinds of numbers are reasonable in your gear, particularly since you don't have any tier set bonus. Make sure you have enabled in rawr only the buffs you have in 10-man, as buffs make a big difference.

Gear-wise you are a bit of a mishmash: your gear isn't great. But the only two things that are clearly terrible are your off-hand and the fetish trinket. That trinket is junk, throw it away. I suspect you would be better off using spellpower+haste gems in your yellow sockets rather than pure haste, but rawr will have a more informed answer on that. Black Magic should be a better weapon enchant than 63sp. You should be aiming to get two pieces of tier 10 for the bonus ASAP, and 4 pieces when you can after that. You have the wrong metagem and need to replace it with Chaotic Skyflare Diamond. There are a number of easy to get pieces that will be good upgrades for you, check rawr.

Spec-wise that 1 point in piercing ice isn't doing anything for you, and Student of the Mind is a poor DPS increase per point. I would recommend a spec like this. There is quite a bit of pushback on some of the ICC fights so arcane stability is quite valuable, and you can afford to drop points in +hit since you are already over cap. Replace your glyph of evocation with arcane missiles.

Your rotation seems OK, assuming I read it right and you are doing ABspam04MBAM. Make sure you are using your cooldowns again when you can, and using potions of speed with them. Without heroism/bloodlust, you will use MI+IV+AP together at the start, then AP+pot as soon as it's up again, and then wait for the AP cooldown to use IV+AP together. If you have a shaman, know when they will use bloodlust/heroism and have AP+pot to use in that time.

Awesome - I appreciate your help~

I tried the SP+Haste gems and my dps went down when I next did ICC that's why I switched back to the pure haste gems

Unless you adjust the settings for fight variables in RAWR, it assumes a Patchwerk fight (ie: zero movement, zero pushback, etc...). Since almost all of the fights in ICC require movement and several have pushback, your actual dps will normally be lower than what the default settings in RAWR say it should be. Also, normally I would suggest using the SP/Haste hybrids over the pure Haste gems, however even with the pure Haste gems, you're still under 800 Haste, which is why your dps drops when using the hybrids. If I were you, my first priority would be to grind badges for tier pieces.

+ Reply to Thread