+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions and advice for my prot warrior

Opinions and advice for my prot warrior

Hello Tankspot,

I've been gearing up over the past 3 weeks or so in order to get back into raiding, I've been gone for a long long time (since the gates of Ulduar opened!). Back in the Naxx days I was optimally geared (except for that damned axe that never dropeed) but as you can see this is no longer the case. There have been a lot of changes and I've been trying to read up on them and gear accordingly, and I do hope I've made a good job. However, I don't want to leave it to chance, and therefor I am hoping to get any advice I can from you guys.

What I'm looking for is of course not "You need that pro shield from gunship!" (since I havn't had the chance to get the pro shield from gunship yet), but opinions on any enchants, gems, spec or perhaps ToC gear choice that I might have made. (I know I shoulnd't have bought the trinket first, but it just looked so pretty and I had to have it... /slap).

My toon: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...er&cn=Lothring

Thanks to all of you who take the time to help me out! (:

You don't really have any glaring faults in your gear or spec. Probably the biggest piece of advice I can give you is something that's always been true... get tuskarr's on boots instead of 22stam. It IS a better choice (unless you like to swap boot enchants on a per-fight basis). Also, get the badge belt first imo.

If you want a nice BIG boost to EH asap, you could do some arena till 1800 and grab the wrathful shield. It's only like 300 points, which means you get it in 1 week. That's something you might not have considered that would help if you're planning on jumping right into ICC.

Your gemming and enchanting are fine.

Been debating about those two enchants with a pair of friends earlier, I decided to fold down and go for the 22 stamina. Checked how large the speed buff was now, and I have to agree that it seems worth it.

Can't really say that I think I will be able to reach 1800 rating, so I don't think I'll be going for the Wrathful Shield. Thanks for the heads up though.

As for the next piece of frost gear I'll buy it's probably between the belt and the cloak. It will probably come down to which slot I'm lucky enough to find an upgrade for.

EDIT: Thank you for the ideas!

Usually the belt is going to be a bigger upgrade, but that depends on which cloak you have currently.

As for the shield... I recommend trying to get it for a couple reasons: 1) Arena makes you learn your class better. 2) It helps you learn how to react fast and evaluate situations faster, which is handy in a PvE encounter that you haven't done before.

Also if you don't get it, at least you got the benefit of the reasons for trying to get it.

Tuskarr's on boots is win too.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

As previously stated your gemming/enchanting is optimal. The only things I would suggest is 2 crafted items that you can make.

The first one is pretty easy to make and is a good intermediate belt until you get the frost badge one: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45551
    The second is a lot more expensive to make, but is definitely worth it: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49904

And as far as frost emblem pick order goes, I highly recommend this article:
    http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/12/2...st-pick-order/
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Well I supose I could always try, but I don't have single Pvp item on my warrior. I used to Pvp back at 70, but never picked the good old two-hander back up in WotLK.

Thanks for the suggestions and that link Aggathon, great to have. Although it did actually make me cry and /cut myself over the fact that I actually bought the trinket. I'm such a noob. :>
    Last edited by Lothring; 03-18-2010 at 01:43 PM.

The trinket is actually really good, especially if you don't have access to any raiding trinkets. It wasn't a bad purchase so don't beat yourself up about it. Also, you can PvP as prot, I've personally never done it beyond just messing around, but apparently it has a lot of success.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread