+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just dinged 80, need some advice on gearing up (Prot)

Just dinged 80, need some advice on gearing up (Prot)

As the title says really. I just dinged 80 with a prot warrior, I don't feel my gear is good enough to start tanking heroics yet so I'm just looking for advice on some easy upgrades I could go for to enable me to start farming them for t9. I would really rather not have to resort to respeccing dps and taking any leftovers, so ways to upgrade as a tank would be great. At the moment I'm concentrating on levelling profs and checking AH regularly for anything, what else can I do?

Here is my armoury

Thanks.

You should have dual spec, it's only 1k. That way you can farm badges as DPS until you feel comfortable tanking.

There's a pre-raid gearing guide in the FAQs. A lot of the gear in there is obtainable through quests or revered faction, which is easy enough to get from doing level 80 dungeons and championing tabards.

I used this to gear up, and it is a great place to start. The tank mace in there is fantastic.

Dual spec. This way you can start DPS'ing randoms and get badges. Most of the gear will come in time

Get the Axe from Argent Tourny for 25 seals. It'll put you over the 540 def cap, or at least enchant your shield with defense.

If you have the right people willing to help you, you can very quickly have a full set of gear. Find a friend or two and spend some time farming the hell out of TOC normal. Great entry level helm/legs/boots/belt and trinket in there, not to mention some dps gear for your offset (don't be shy of equipping unwanted leather dps gear either), very quick to clear and reset. Once you've geared up a bit more, do the same with the new ICC dungeons in normal mode. At this point, combined with any other bits you have been able to gather/craft/buy, you should be easily ready for heroic farming.

Hi. Best way IMO is grab some friends/guildies and run randoms to badge farm. If u get a epic tanky drop bonus but otherwise those bonus 2 badges a run stack up really quickly you can get 15-20 a night easily for an hours input. Then buy the t9 gear and if u have the gold get some craftables made up also.
    Running with your mates as opposed to pugs helps with the wipes when they ( and thay will ) happen.
    Good luck and welcome to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was afraid I would have to dual spec, maybe I should just bite the bullet. My main concern about it though was would I have to buy new gear for it? Only got tanking gear now.

+ Reply to Thread