+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury DPS vs Hunter DPS vs DK DPS

Fury DPS vs Hunter DPS vs DK DPS

Can somebody answer this for me, I play a fury warrior and not much else so as such havnt really got any clues as to the mechanics of other classes.

In my guild the top 2 dps in 10 mans are always the same: a hunter & a DK, im always 3rd (assuming nothing else to do except dps the boss). Our guild scores according to Wow heroes are all within 20 points of each other with me being higher than the DK by 1 and 20 over the hunter.

I have looked at the spreadsheet from EJ's and i am acheiving the dps it states once i change the buff orientation to what we have available within our raid which is normally about 6000. I therefore assume my rotation, spec gearing etc are OK if im hitting the figures it states.

My armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Frapachino

The DK & Hunter are pulling 7500

Is there something im missing do DK's & Hunters just do more damage??

There are few small things you can change which will help,

1. Waaay too much hit, all you need is 164, drop it somehow.
    2. Use agility rings from ashen verdict rep and emblem of triumph, this will also help drop some hit.
    3. Get t10 2pc bonus ASAP, I suggest get the helm next. Haste is not really a good stats for us.
    4. You should really be using leather version of emblem of frost belt (I see you already bought plate one, but buy leather one once you are done will all other upgrades)
    5. I assume you only have access to ICC10 loot, than pick atleast 1 ramaladin from saurfang and use it in MH, If you have access to ToC 25 man loots prefer to pick up 2 x dual bladed butcher (yeah they are low ilvl but much better than claymore) (you will also drop hit this way)
    6. Gem pure arpen and try to get WFS trinket from LDW 10.

Apart from that keep a tight rotation, never delay WW or BT. If you have any log maybe that can help more to see if you have any rotation issues.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Thanks

Unfortunatley i dont have any logs, how do you get them?

I new i had to much hit and have been looking at ways to reduce this and have been hoping a Ramaladin drops again as the Dk i spoke of got it the only times it showed.

I will make my next purchase the T10 head peice to get the bonus and work on switching to the leather belt.

Funnily i have only just changed my Ashen verdict ring from the agility one to the one i have now based upon advice received from a fury warrior on my server - shall i swap back?

With regard to the Gemming Arp - i am at 53% and have NES as well - are you saying gem the rest Arp at this time as well? i can but i will loose out on some expertise gems that i need, shall i sacrifice Exp gems for Arp with my present set up?

Sorry, questions questions but im getting fed up with not topping the dps charts on straight fights.

Yes, the agility Ashen Verdict ring is marginally better than the strength one, because of its itemization (agility items have an additional attribute whereas strength items usually have extra stamina).

I personally would try and stay near the ArP softcap. I don't think you have enough ArP on your gear to really make a strong push towards 100% passive ArP. Once you get Ramaladni's and maybe 1 other big Armor Pen upgade, then you may want to consider it. But going full ArP usually only beats out softcapping once you get around 80% passive ArP, and I'm not sure if you can reach that if you're only doing ICC 10.

Ok - i'll sit tight on trying to go full Arp just now and get the other ring back

How do you obtain the logs that where emntioned in post 2??

When in raid type /combatlog, then when you are done type it again.

Go to a site like world of logs or Wow meter online (can't get the links just this second [at work/firewalled], google it) and use the client that is provided to upload your combatlog to the site. Copy the link and paste it here.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Each fight in ICC is better for one class or another. If you are talking about trash you gotta understand that hunters use volley which is a large area aoe and DK's use dots effects which also damage multiple mobs. As a fury warrior you can spam cleave and use whirlwind when its avail on adds. I'm a fury warrior and I'm tops on dps versus adds. DPS doesn't really matter. IMO only two things do: Damage on a boss. damage you took. I like to be first on boss damage and then last on the latter. It shows my raid awareness.

Thats what i am refering to though, just straight focus fire dps on boss, no adds no trash. Could you link your armory and let me know the dpss you acheiving

+ Reply to Thread