+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tankadin - Base Build

Tankadin - Base Build

Greetings. I wanted to enlist some assistance in ensuring that I am doing my raid justice by eeking out that last bit of TPS in my build.

Reference Current Talent Build: The World of Warcraft Armory

Several people have recommended a 0/53/18: The World of Warcraft Armory

Any comments would be most appreciated. Thank you.

0/53/18 is the best threat build.
    5/53/13 is slightly worse but still better than reckoning.

Reckoning, especially 5 points in it, is the least threat you can get for the points anywhere. Sad but true.

Edit:

1/2 Spiritual Atonement is fine for most people
    Judgments of the Just is not optional
    Get 3/3 Ardent Defender.

Edit again:
    Don't use the consecrate glyph (it messes with 969 rotation - if you don't know what it is, find out)
    Likewise, you only need 1/2 in improved judgments.
    The judgment glyph is pretty bad.
    Seal of Vengeance glyph is awesome.
    If you want single target threat, glyph avenger shield.
    Last edited by morelore; 07-31-2009 at 07:47 AM.

For Patch 3.2

Core: Anticipation, Toughness, Improved Righteous Fury, Improved Devotion Aura, , Sacred Duty, Holy Shield, 1 Hand Weapon Specialzation (Strongest Threat per point talent), 1/2 Spiritual Attunement, Ardent Defender, Combat Expertise (more for the Stamina than the Expertise), Avenger’s Shield, Guarded By the Light, Touched the By Light (next strongest Threat per point after 1 Hand Weapon Specialization), Shield of the Templar, Judgments of the Just, Hammer of the Righteous, Deflection, 1/2 Improved Judgments, Vindication

Honor's Code: [Patch 3.2] Tankadin Talent Spec

Much appreciated! Thank you.

Slowing the attack speed = less damage, so you definitely
    want Judgments of the Just,
    For threat take points out of reckoning and into Conviction and Crusade,
    and take the points out of Improved Judgments [judges are most needed for their benefit, they do very little threat], and get the full ardent defender.

the 53/18 you linked to is okay, i'd use that mostly, just take the 2 points from Imp. Judgments, and get them into benediction [so so], or Imp. Might, might is semi-useful
    for your raid buffs [and you need to spend them, to get the next tier of ret talents].

I'd go so far to say that reckoning is actually a bad talent.
    You get parried more, so you take more damage. That goes against the very core of tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmullet View Post
    ......take the points out of Improved Judgments....just take the 2 points from Imp. Judgments...
    No, you NEED at least one point in improved judgements to make the 969 rotation work properly. The second point is unnecessary, but I perfer it to benediction, which I find useless.

Judgement is not a spell worthy of your rotation at all, because of its tiny threat output.
    Work it in when you can, that's about it.

Darthmullet, judgement is a huge spell, and not because of its threat. There are is lot more to tanking then threat.
    1) It's a ranged attack (even if its a small range, it's still range)
    2) It boost other aspects of your tanking (judgement of light is significant healing, judgment of wisdom is significant mana, allowing you to keep up threat or survivability talents like holy shield).
    3) For most builds, it triggers heart of the crusader, a raidwide damage boost (not just your own).
    4) For most tanks, it triggers SBV increase.

If there's one thing I would not drop from my rotation or keep on CD, that's one of them.

Judgement is not a spell worthy of your rotation at all, because of its tiny threat output.
    I suggest you type "969 rotation" in the search box at the top of this page and educate yourself. You should be hitting judgement every nine seconds. PERIOD. The small threat increase from any kind of substution is largely acedemic, use it every cd to ensure it's associated buffs/debuffs are up.

/agree with Akeber. L2Tankadin. Judgement, especially with Judgement of the Just, is one of our more powerful mitigation moves. With Heart of the Crusade, it's even more important, as that boosts raid dps, as well as your own. Read up on things before you comment please.

Is there any need for Tankadins either while leveling or tanking at 80 for Seal of Command?

+ Reply to Thread