+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enhancment Shammy

Enhancment Shammy

I just don't seem to able to get any damage out when I raid with the guild.
    On stand-still fights I might get up around 6-6.5k damage, but when moving around I struggle to get to 3k..
    I honostly don't know what Im doing wrong.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...of&cn=Diabassa

Would be most thankful if some of you could give me some kind of advice on what might be wrong.

BTW I do have Shock and Awe amongst my addons.

Just sounds like you need to work on your dps rotation while moving. As you said, you're doing around 6.5k standing still. You're dps is always gonna drop a bit if you have to move around as melee dps.

For what gear you have, that sounds about right. I agree with MrMooky as well, anytime you move your DPS is gonna drop. It's just a fact of life. Although if you are looking to up your DPS then you could change your talents around a bit, dropping Elemental focus and / or Shamanstic focus for 2 more points in improved shields will give you a ~100 dps increase. Mana really shouldn't be that big of a problem, you *should* be doing Shamanstic Rage pretty much on CD with the two piece.

Changing your trinkets will help as well. You have quite a bit of hit, while it *is* helping your offhand swings you can get a lot more benfirt by burning some of that off.

Want to thank you very much for your feedback, will try and obtain a new trinket aswell as moving the 2 points.

I type'd that as I was walking out the door. I few more thoughts that may help ya.

While it is not the most obvious pick, do you happen to have tier 9 gloves? Preferably the 25 man style? Quite a bit of expertise on those that could help, debatable if it's worth the attack power loss tho. If you do go for your 4 pc, then leaving your glove slot for your off piece is not a terrible way to go.

For trinkets, I would go for Herkuml War Token first and for most. Lotta haste, lotta attack power. It's hard to go wrong. For your 2nd I would go for either Whispering Fanged Skull and / or Muradin's Spyglass. The spyglass is again a less then obvious pick, but the spell power buff you get from that does help quite a bit, don't steal it from a warlock / mage / boomkin that needs it, but its a surprisingly solid trinket. I would go for the skull though ideally, probally stiffer competition for it, but worth it. Wait for it to proc, then either use your Mark of Supremacy or when your War Token is at 10 / 10 and pop your wolves. They rip stuff to shreds. :P

Are you doing flame shock in your rotation?

A final thought, have you considered moving to a haste build instead of an attack power one? The EJ community hasn't really decided which is better, but when we moved from ToC to ICC I choose to switch to my current "haste is the king" gemming style and my DPS rose higher in compassion to the guildies around me.

I think I have t9 gloves in the bank, not sure they are t9 though.
    Yes I have thought about a Haste build instead of an Ap one. Think Ill try it, can't get worse anyways

Yes I do implement FS in my "rotation".

So as for trinket, do you think that should be my next investment, or should I go for another t10 pc or perhaps the back?

Defiantly the trinket. Your back slot is pretty weak but with your current expertise I would recommend going after Shawl of Nerubian Silk. It's drops off Marrowgar in 10 man so its should be one of the easier items to go after. I currently can't afford to loose any more expertise so I have put off getting that cloak for a while, probally won't pick it up at all.

Haven't had time to fieldtest this changes I've made so far. But I want to say thank you for a swift reply to my call for help =)
    I will get back to this thread to let you now how the changes panned out in a raid.

Thank you once again.

+ Reply to Thread