+ Reply to Thread

Thread: professions

professions

According to EJ, JC and BS are the best professions for a DPS DK. But when I armory some of the top DKs a few of them have engineering. Curious why.

Which is better?
    I'm the guy that does his job. You must be the other guy.

There are a couple nice engy only enchants. On top of that you have access to bombs.

This is where the theorycraft hits its apex of pointlessness.
    JC you get 3 51 stam gems instead of 3 30, extra 63 stam.
    BS you get 2 extra slots (bracers gloves) for 60 stam
    Engineering you get a sweet armor to gloves enchant

Just for comparison, heres an idea: Go mining. you can level it in a couple hours, sell the mats for gold, and get +60 stamina!

Quote Originally Posted by Crutchs View Post
    This is where the theorycraft hits its apex of pointlessness.
    JC you get 3 51 stam gems instead of 3 30, extra 63 stam.
    BS you get 2 extra slots (bracers gloves) for 60 stam
    Engineering you get a sweet armor to gloves enchant

Just for comparison, heres an idea: Go mining. you can level it in a couple hours, sell the mats for gold, and get +60 stamina!
    He did mention it's for DPS not tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by ScientificLee View Post
    According to EJ, JC and BS are the best professions for a DPS DK. But when I armory some of the top DKs a few of them have engineering. Curious why.

Which is better?
    BS and JC offer the most flexibility. You get two sockets with which you can put anything into and JC gives you the best gems for any stat. Like the second poster said, Engineering offers bombs and the like, but my preference for DPS is JC/BS.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

He's talking about DPS, not tanking. Yes for tanking there are lots of profession options that get you 60 stamina - mining, Enchanting, JC, BS. And a nice armor enchant from Engineering that's roughly the EH equivalent to 60 stam (vs physical dmg at least).

But for DPS, DK's need Str more than AP, and BS+JC are the only two professions that give you +23 x2 Str instead of the equivalent in AP. (or perhaps Alchemy too, in the form of Str potion buffs, don't recall it's exact profession-only bonus)

To the OP, in addition to what MrMooky pointed out, Engineering is just pure fun. Rocket launchers, Rocket boots, parachute cloaks, bombs, belt-mounted AoE EMP (stuns mechanicals), wormhole generators, helicopters and Harley's. The dps difference b/t JC+BS is probably not a huge one, especially when the Eng adds bombs to his rotation (every 1m). But the fun factor is.

My main is a DK tank w/ JC+Ench, and my up-and-coming main is a Warrior tank w/ BS+Eng, and my War is 10x more fun. Unless you're going to be trying for world firsts or serious hard-mode progression and need every ounce of Str stats possible, I'd recommend picking whichever profession combination you like the most.
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 03-16-2010 at 02:11 PM.

they are probably engineering for pvp as well
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks to everyone who replied. For those of you curious, i've decided to lvl BS slowly.
    I'm the guy that does his job. You must be the other guy.

enginering is for pyro roket for PvP.

+ Reply to Thread