+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW OS Tank needs advice

NEW OS Tank needs advice

Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    I am a new pally tank (OS) in 4pc t9 and I get 71.88% when using the macro. This seems crazy low.

Rawr says my avoidance + block is a flat 100% self-buffed. I thought I was in better shape than I actually am apparently. Wow-Heroes says I'm easily ready to tank 10 ICC/25 TOC (though definitely not skill wise at 2 weeks into the spec). I admit I don't understand these stats exactly yet.

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jaeden&cn=Tyog

I read the posting rules and I don't think I broke any. Thanks for any thoughts.

That macro does not add the +30% block that holy shield will always give you, assuming you're tanking correctly. Not that any of that matters. Whatever avoidance you get from gear should be sufficient, re-gem/enchant for EH (stam and armor).

As the man said you are required to keep holy shield up at all times hit it and then run the macro.

I have some bigger issues with your spec, trinkets and gemming it looks liek because you didn't understand this you have gone crazy with dodge and defense and you HP is really low for your gear level.

You have seal of command??? Why you are never going to use it its always going to be Seal of vengence.
    Then you don't have vindication which means you are reliant on having a dps warrior or ret pally to provide that debuff.

You have alot of points wasted in mana stuff 3 in benediction and 2 in spiritual attunement you really only need 1 point in spiritual attunement and none in benediction spend the points in conviction with blessing of sanctuary up (which you always will use) you will make enough mana.

You have gemmed things like +20 def in your wrist socket to match the colour for a +6 stam??? Unless the stam bonus is 12 or you need a colour match for meta just stick stam gem in.

The two trinkets are usually both stam trinkets.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

SoC is the best trash tanking seal by a wide margin, and I find it is worth the point even for my main spec. Other than that, correct on all counts.

responses to posts so far

Some of the gemming was done on the climb and I do need to go for some replacements.

Seal of Command was initially dropped but I needed some help collecting groups and holding their attention.
    I do use seal of vengeance on bosses.

I REALLY have only been at this 2 weeks. I initially had 5 points in conviction but when I went in for seal of command I made some mana regen changes as well because I was running low quite often (probably due to my lack of skill). I don't know why I don't need 2 points in spiritual attunement- seems like a good investment to me. A more technical explanation might help me see why I'm wrong.

Also trinkets were mentioned but there was no elaboration. Are you saying I still need to do the Black Heart grind and get the skeleton key? Please expound.

My stamina is 37619 with Blessing of Sanc and Flask of Stoneblood. That's still too low?

As always, thank you for your time.

1/2 points SA + Sanc + Divine Plea will give you enough mana to finish any T8+ raid boss in whatever gear you're wearing. Another point in this talent is a wasted point. As for your health pool, yes... an avoidance trinket is about as good as an empty slot on 95% of the fights that matter (I use two on gunship). Blizzard has created a game where avoidance on base plate and weapons is sufficient for whatever you're doing and every single place you can customize gear beyond that point should be used to improve EH only. Gems, enchants, and trinkets should all improve EH by the largest amount possible, since EH is pretty much the one factor that will decide if you can tank ______ boss or not.

+ Reply to Thread