+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (DK TANK QUESTION) ok what am i doing wrong

(DK TANK QUESTION) ok what am i doing wrong

ok check this out i got 540 def rating 30 dodge 20 parry ... hit rating is at 3% so im gonna change a few gems to raise that to 8% but evry healer tells me i drop 2 fast and some idiots tell me theres no way im def caped... so whats up exactly

P.S i run with the blood build and i got 33k hp unbuffed

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Redr%C3%BBm

any advice would help

and im not sure what to do to upgrade my gear ...

Don't bother regemming for Hit, just get your Expertise up to 26 soft cap or near there. DK's can get away with low hit rating by macro'ing Rune Strike into all our abilities:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Obliterate
    /use Rune Strike
    or more elaborately:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Abiilty1;[mod:alt] Ability2;[mod:shift] Ability3;[nomod] Obliterate
    /use Rune Strike
    Rune Strike can't miss and does almost 50% of our single target threat, which is why we can skimp on hit rating as long as we make sure RS is used optimally.

The only problem that leaves is that spells like Pestilence and Dark Command will miss more, but Dark Command is the only crucial one, and you fix that by using the Glyph of Dark Command.

I see you've got alot of PvP gear on too. The tradeoff w/ PvP gear is you get Resilience but give up the Defense, Dodge, Parry, Hit, and Expertise that is common on Tank gear. That's why healers are having a hard time keeping you alive, so those will need replacing for your tank set as soon as you can get the emblems. Also check out the crafted stuff:

Breastplate of the White Knight
    Saronite Swordbreakers
    Spiked Deathdealers
    Indestructable Plate Girdle
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 03-15-2010 at 09:08 PM.

ATM you're logged out in your tank spec, but in a mix of tank and dps gear. It's hard to get an accurate picture of needs. In any case, here are a few pointers for survivability.

There are certiain pulls where you are certainly going to feel squishy, for example, the pedestal pulls in Old Kingdom filled with casters. As many other people have mentioned, DK's are a cooldown dependent class. You want to use your cooldowns liberally, yet wisely, and often. Popping the right CD on the pedestal pull in OK makes a world of difference as you're charging into those mobs. Keep an eye on your CD's, know there rune and/or runic power costs, and be mindful of where they can help you.

You also want to make sure you're using the right rotation and managing to work in both your blood runes to get them on CD early to get Blade Barrier up.

Also, and this isn't meant to assume that you're not doing it. Make sure you've got your presences active after a spec change and that you're in the proper presence for what you're trying to do. I've made that mistake myself a time or two. Sometimes it's a simple thing to overlook.

yea sorry about that i just learned that armory doesnt keep track of item sets lol ill log out in my tank setup to fix it , im at the point where im starting to tank some raids in toc and voa but i seem to be taking huge amounts of damage and healer are always complaining about my health

my stats are as follow

def 27844
    def rating 540
    dodge 29.64%
    parry 20.46%
    expertise 17 ( guess i need 26 in here ill look at gems )
    and i have 33821 hp unbuffed in frost stance

33821 is rather low in the HP department. Your armor also seems very low.

The Problem is that u are a DK Tank......that euals Fail Sry it takes alot of Skill and Knowledge to use one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynuku View Post
    The Problem is that u are a DK Tank......that euals Fail Sry it takes alot of Skill and Knowledge to use one.
    He's looking for help. Not brain dead dribble. Did you make an account just to make stupid remarks?

A few things I see. First, get rid of ick's thumb and get either essence of goss from H AN or farm non heroic totc for The black heart. I suggest the latter. Second, marrowstrike is a horrible weapon for you to use, and on top of that you haven't gemmed it. Enchant your cloak with armor, not agility. Get a tank sigil to replace the dps one you currently have. Both of your str/stam gems should be swapped with +30 stam, as a dk you won't have any problem with dps.

Also, you are a BS, make the extra socket for your hands and bracers and gem +30 stam in each. I would also suggest you get saronite swordbreakers crafted for bracers. They are fairly cheap and you can farm emblems for the orbs.

Also, switch your hand enchant to armor or stam and change your +10 stats on chest to +275 health.

If you wouldn't mind, can you post your armor while in tank gear and frost presence.

ok enchant +275 chest done,
    enchant cloack armor done,

gonna grind the rest =P

didnt socket the weapon nor did i make the extra sockets on my gear cuz i cant afford it, im almost there lol

aside from that when thats all ready what raids will i be able to aply for and for the love of god where can i get a better weapon haha

Tyranical Beheader from Heroics Pit of Saron, or Orca Hunter's harpoon from Heroic halls of reflection might be worth considering.

ok i updated my armory , other then the weapon i think i prety much got it down.. in 3 days i can buy the key trinket so ill have both dk tank trinket.

in adition im wondering what raids i can tank for, can anyone clear this up ... my gs is 4.9 btw and im now at 36khp

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    If you wouldn't mind, can you post your armor while in tank gear and frost presence.
    Unless something has changed very recently you will not be able to see the effect of frost presence on the armory. The easiest thing I've found when looking at other DK tanks is to load their char up in rawr.

+ Reply to Thread