+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Questions

Druid Questions

Hello my fellow tanks. I have some questions for you
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...naros&cn=Tukox
    there is my armory:
    1.- ATM im not too far away from the hit cap, but with the next upgrades like the ring from the Dreamwalker and a new belt im going to lose alot of Hit rating, should i change my Yellow gem slots for HIT? or hit/stam? or anithing else?
    2.- with my current gear i hit almost 67k hp in raid with dual stam trinkets (one being black hart), should I change some pure Stam enchants for one more threat oriented? like in gloves and shoulders?
    any other advise will be welcomed
    thanks in advance
    later

Are you having threat issues in your current spec?

Never stam hit. If you are on a fight where you need to taunt, glyph for it. Never played a druid tank, but I assume they'd have a glyph for taunt available.

For druids a yellow socket is blizzs way of saying it's a blue socket.

Basically:
    Blue socket=30 stam
    yellow socket=30 stam or nightmare tear
    red socket=10 agil/15 stam or 20 agil

Quote Originally Posted by Tukox View Post
    1.- ATM im not too far away from the hit cap, but with the next upgrades like the ring from the Dreamwalker and a new belt im going to lose alot of Hit rating, should i change my Yellow gem slots for HIT? or hit/stam? or anithing else?
    Druid tanks shouldn't ever gem for Hit unless threat is a major problem. So long as you generate sufficient threat Hit is optional. Fundamentally, Hit is a DPS stat, for a tank your job isn't to do 10k DPS because you likely don't need that much threat to maintain aggro. So long as you can hold aggro off the DPS and healers, your primary concern beyond that is survivability (largely in the form of effective health).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tukox View Post
    2.- with my current gear i hit almost 67k hp in raid with dual stam trinkets (one being black hart), should I change some pure Stam enchants for one more threat oriented? like in gloves and shoulders?
    The tank has two jobs...
    1. Piss the thing off more than anyone else (generate higher threat).
    2. Survive having something that hits like a freight train carrying cement trucks filled with bricks pissed off at you (survivability).
    So long as you don't have threat issues, you should always focus on survivability. You only need enough threat to not lose aggro. You don't need to generate 5 times the threat of the DPS, just need to generate enough that they don't have to hold back.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 03-17-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread