+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms dps issues

Arms dps issues

I am really struggling with getting my DPS up and due to the lack of arms warriors in the guild no one can really give me any clear advice.

I have been reading a lot of the entries here but obviously there is something I am missing...

I do about 2.2.-2.5k dps on the heroic dummies and the same in heroic toc but struggeling to get to 2k when there is a lot of movement.

I am keeping Rend and Mortal Strike up hitting op and execute when available and slam when not

Also my mortal strike seem to do as much if not more damage as op or execute.

To be honest I do not really know what sort of dps I should be getting with my current gearing but any advice would be appreciated.

armory link

please give an armory link and a wmo/wws parse link if possible.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

begining

The only thing I can say is that you should add a link to your characters armory page, this will be a great help to getting started. =)

that does sound very low dps (i was doing that sort of dps way back with mainly i200-219 gear)
    so sounds like something is definately not right but as above Armory! plz!

sorry thought the armory was linked.

as for gear I am quite low mostly 219 with some 232 and 200.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...amar&cn=Sormir

Hey Johee,

Arms warriors are very gear dependant on specific items. You might want to consider going Fury until you improve the ilevel of your gear.

Your spec is fine.

Here are some issues:

You haven't enchanted you gear and you have very questionable gemming; specifically your helm. You want the meta with the plus to crit damage, and you should never gem for stamina.

As an arms warrior you want to gem for Armor Pen or Strength. I forget the number, but I think is', "when you have over 50% arpen without gems, switch your strength gems to armpen gems" I calculate your armpen with gear, battle stance and tier 9 bonus at 32%. I think you'll see a dps increase if you just gem everything to strength (but keeping your Meta gem bonus)

The hit rating is 8%. You have 8.20%. Since you are a human there's a good chance they'll be a space goat in your raid, so you can get away with 7% hit rating (space goats give you +1% to hit)

There's a more in endepth discussion here

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37807-d...ps_discussion/

Arms warriors are very gear dependant on specific items. You might want to consider going Fury until you improve the ilevel of your gear.
    it's actually the other way around, fury is very gear dependent while arms is only rotation dependent.

as an arms warrior you gem for arp for either the soft cap with an arp proc trinket or just get as much passive arp as you can get.
    enchant your gear, at least some sort of enchants. you don't have to get all top-of-the-line chants for gear that you will easily replace.
    gearing around having a certain raid buff all the time is not such a great idea imo. keep your hit around 8%, and if you get a space goat in your party then switch out a hit ring or neck for a non-hit piece. once you get your chest and helm for 4pc t9 you should see a nice little dps boost.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thank you very much for the help/advice and I will definitely try to get some enchants and changes some of the gems towards strength and ArP.

I say gem all str. Put berserking on weapon. Get the meta gem for agil +crit. Also pick up glyph of rending and replace bladestorm glyph.

also i macro sweeping strikes to my charge ability so as soon as you charge a group u are automatically hitting two of them.
    be a little bit careful if ur tank isnt so great at aggroin groups tho :P

Macros are a bit above me i am affraid, not sure how they work. I even struggle with macros in excel so there, tried to have a focus tank target macro but doesnt seem to work. A macro sweeping strike seems to make a lot of sense. Normaly my attack is charge, then demoralizing, battle, saunder and then into the rotation or priority starting with sweeping strikes.

I have to do a bit of research on the macro front i think

Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    Also pick up glyph of rending and replace bladestorm glyph.
    bladestorm glyph is more dps than the execute glyph.

arms major glyphs are: mortal strike, rending, and bladestorm
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

fitting sunder into your rotation and demo is generally bad news for your dps altho its a lot of help for the rest of your team so it is arguable weather it should be done or not,

My rotation is
    charge
    rend
    Mortal strike
    Overpower if available
    then slam unless execute proc'd
    then its basically slams unless MS is close to coming off CD
    OP is priority over execute
    slams fit in whenever nothing else is available, let rend roll off before renewing

arms is quite dependant on rotation and getting it spot on does have a dramatic effect on your dps

+ Reply to Thread