+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Managing CDs with known Damage Spikes

Managing CDs with known Damage Spikes

This week our guild just moved from ToC10 to ToGC10 and reached Rotface in ICC10 - one problem I'm having tanking both is knowing when a damage spike will get healed (thus no CD needed) and when a damage spike won't get healed quickly (because a healer or 3 is running out of fire/kiting oozes - seriously Rotface seems to love throwing oozes on 2 or 3 healers in a row).

One thing I think will improve this is better communication over vent - but if there's any other lessons learned, tips, or tricks out there for managing CDs when you expect a Yo-Yo HP bar I'd appriciate it.

Thanks

In Rotface there isn't really any spike damage while kiting oozes except for slime spray... and when tanking rotface himself its usuallyt he slime spray. Usually, I get IceHud and monitor my health, if it stays low for a while (few seconds) I blow a cooldown because I know that next hit is coming. Otherwise, you learn to deal with the yo-yo.

Also you need to understand how the healer classes heal. Ie. A druid can't really spike heal you, so using shield wall would save you with a druid. A paladin healer will spike heal you, so last stand if you really need to, or just ride it out. Disc priests are damage reduction, so last stand is more useful in this situation. Shield block is always good for an "inbetween" when you are deciding if you need to do more.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I was on Rotface, and wasn't being hit with the slime spray. We were running with 2 trees, so maybe it was when they were kiting ooze and the HoTs were off that it seemed like it was a spike when it really wasn't. Which would also explain why it seemed like most of the fight it was yo-yoing at 70-80% health.

Thanks!

Keep in mind on rotface that if you get too close to the big ooze you will take some pretty insane damage as well.

Not much I can do about that.... if the ooze gets close then the other tank is probably down and it's rinse and repeat time; and if I turn him to avoid the ooze it would mean throwing all the DPS into the ooze's path... In other words, if I have to worry about the big ooze, the handbasket is on the way down.... lol

Oh, I see.. you are tanking rotface, not the ooze.... Then yes, don't worry about the ooze.

+ Reply to Thread