+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Gear Changes in ICC

Tank Gear Changes in ICC

So I have noticed that in a lot of the gear choices for tanks, stamina and strength are there like normal, yet the other bonuses are things like defense, dodge, parry.

So my questions are (because I am about to start tanking ICC), as a warrior tank:

1) Why is there no block value, and is it really that bad after 2100 ish block value?
    2) I have always read that Parry is not a good stat for warriors, but why does everything have it? Is it because there's so much gear with it, and with so much of it, that it actually is good once you get all ICC gear?

1) I have a feeling the probable reason is because they wanted prot warriors to stop using PvE gear in Arenas. In all reality block value doesn't matter THAT much, sure it's marginally better, but if you only have around 13% block then you're only adding like 300 or so damage blocked every 10th hit or so, not that great in the grand scheme of things compared to other stats. It's not bad to have more block value by any means though.

2) Because blizzard doesn't want to give people PERFECT gear, they have never itemized an entire tier level perfectly, and typically won't. Very few pieces are itemized perfectly, but tbh, it's not that big of a deal. Parry itself is alright, the problem is it suffers diminishing returns a lot harder than dodge does, so you have to stack a lot more parry to get as much avoidance as dodge.

TBH, don't worry about avoidance ratings in ICC. Stam and Armor are going to give you your best bang for your buck.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Hmm, and yet there are tonnes of people who claim the exact opposite lol. Ah well, I do trust people @ tankspot more than the forum trolls. More experience pools to draw from.
    I was asked to tank again, because of when I was tanking in vanilla/bc, and they're like "Why don't you come tank again?"

I haven't tanked since Naxx 7.5 gear, and after now coming into it and having 2 characters able to do ICC, I just can't stand having to grind out badges yet again. I don't know how these people with like 10 toons on an account can do it lol. I don't have time for the 3 I want to play, with all the raids and such. I am having to set priorities, and shun away either dps or healing in order to gear up the warrior tank. It's annoying, but I am going to do what I have to do to get things done

I don't want to get this into another avoidance vs. EH threat for ICC, so if you have any more questions about why to stack EHP, then send me a PM and I'll explain it all out for you.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by hurtzfield View Post
    Hmm, and yet there are tonnes of people who claim the exact opposite lol.
    Who are these people you spoke of? Are they healers? Are they dps'ers? Are they some tanks you spoke to in the random dungeon finder? Maybe they are prot paladins. Avoidance and stamina each have their advantages and disadvantages per encounter. Listen to the tanks who have experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwar View Post
    Who are these people you spoke of? Are they healers? Are they dps'ers? Are they some tanks you spoke to in the random dungeon finder? Maybe they are prot paladins. Avoidance and stamina each have their advantages and disadvantages per encounter. Listen to the tanks who have experience.
    Usually people who think with their 'gut' rather then basing opinions off of research and investigation. I'll admit, I'm guilty of it sometimes, but I'm always open to a good debate. I'm always willing to change my opinions, some people are not.

+ Reply to Thread