+ Reply to Thread

Thread: concerns about my damage intake, and wondering what its from

concerns about my damage intake, and wondering what its from

ok, so currently my guild is running ICC10 4 nights a week, and ICC25 1 night a week, we're stuck on festergut in 25 man, and part of it is because my healers are thinking I take too much damage. I'm sure they're probably right since I'm pretty sure I'd read that we do take more damage then other tanks. so we were looking at parry hasting the boss due to my low expertise, but I started looking at a few famous prot warriors stats (Kungen, Grafarion) and I notice they both have very little expertise. So I'm thinking it's not parry haste.

anyone have any insight as to what may be causing my damage intake, and how can I fix things to make it better

Not sure with the limited information given but some things to check for:
    -pop an armor pot potion before you pull and again when you need it
    -save shield wall for 3rd inhale
    -get inoculated
    -look into getting the bonus armor gear from badges

link your armory so we know what your working with, i couldnt tell you were a warrior till half way through your post

oops, I can't believe I forgot to link my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&n=Elmyrdius

is my armory, I usually pop an indestructable pot before pull, then again right before I pick up (have the druid tank first) I'll pop shield block right after I taunt off as well. when 3rd inhale goes up, I'll start with shield wall, then 2 secs before that drops, I'll pop last stand and my Glyph of Indom. then right at the exhale I'll pop enraged regen to help the healers a bit so they can cover raid damage.

only real thing i would change is the 2 points you have in revenge. I would move them to Shield specialization. Devastate got buffed to the point of bumping revenge from what i have read and seen (dont raid as a warrior so dont quote me on it). the 2% more chance to block doesnt seem like much but more blocks will keep you alive. Personally i dont think its an issue with you as far as armory can tell me, warriors are incapable of doing that fight either. I wonder if your healer is using his cooldowns to help keep you up. Well i know this last post hasnt been much but i hope i helped some if you got more info or want to dig deeper ill be glad to help you find the answer.

Some friends of mine starting up an old guild were having similar issues, I sent them this.

Festergut 3rd Inhale

Tank Rotation and CD's:
    During the 3rd Inhale the current tank must chain cool downs (personal or external) for the entire duration, or they will die. The damage is just to great.

Tank 1 - Pulls, holds the boss for 9 stacks
    Tank 2- Taunts as soon as Tank 1 gets 9 stacks. If Tank 1 hits 10 stacks its an instant raid wipe.
    Tank 2- Waits for Festergut to cast his 3rd Inhale (this happens shortly after the tank swap). When the 3rd Inhale has 2 seconds left to finish on its cast, I hit Last Stand and Enrage Regeneration. 2 seconds before Last Stands ends I hit Shield Wall.

**I am not sure what the other classes abilities are called, I am assuming we all have similar ones. If needed an external CD can be used such as Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit. If you mess up the timing you can also use a trinket or 2 at the end to ride out the rest of the 3rd Inhale.

Healers:
    Since the DPS check on 10 man is much lighter, it is recommended to use 3 healers to make the fight easier.

0 Inhale(start) -At the start 1 healer is on the tank and 2 are on the raid (due to the gas damage from the room being full at the start).
    1st Inhale - Same as above.
    2nd Inhale - After his second Inhale 2 healers should be on the tank and 1 on the raid (as the raid damage is lighter with less gas in the room).
    3rd Inhale - At his 3rd Inhale all healers should be on the current tank (as all gas is cleared from the room and no one should be taking damage, aside from the one vial gas target at ranged, have one healer pop a few heals or hots on them).

Now the above was for the 10 man, but the tank rotations and CD's are identical on the 10/25. For the healers on 25 the same situation applies, just the number of healers changes. For that I cannot give you specific numbers since I don't recall what we use, I believe 6 total.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread