+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dusting off my mage...... need help best dps spec rotation etc. Working on gear.

Dusting off my mage...... need help best dps spec rotation etc. Working on gear.

My mage is in nax 25 gear but I am farming t 9. The long waits for LFG sucks but is doable. I use to raid as arcaine. I was wondering what the best spec (Fire, arcaine, frost). was for ICC 10/25 thease days. 3.3 changed a lot I think. Glyph sugestions would be nice as well as rotation. I know FFB rotation and arcaine but not pure fire or frost. Can someone update me please.

Arcane is by far the best spec for PVE. This is the build you should use: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...iJc27cW,,11403

The rotation is fairly simple. You cast Arcane Blast while you're fishing for Missile Barrage. If you have 4 stacks of Arcane Blast and Missile Barrage has proc'd then cast Arcane Missiles, otherwise keep spamming Arcane Blast. If Missile Barrage doesn't proc and you're in the Arcane Blast will run you oom then cast Arcane Barrage to clear your debuff.

With T9 spam Arcane Blast during CDs, once you have 2pT10 use your normal rotation during them.

Currently Incanter's Absorption is absolutely OP, but it's getting nerfed in 3.3.3. If you do step into ICC before the patch, I would definitely recommend you run with 3/3 IA. Something along these lines:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...rTpp-gM,,11403
    Then make sure Pally and Priest healers know to put shields on you, prepot protection potions and proceed to DPS.

EDIT: I forgot about the glyphs. You should be using the glyphs of Arcane Missiles, Molten Armor and Arcane Blast.
    Last edited by Imaza; 03-09-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks for the help

Thank you for helping me.

+ Reply to Thread