+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dual-Wield Warrior (No Titan's Grip)

I'm not really familiar with DW at all but couldn't yo put a 2h in your MH and a 1h in your OH? I would think the faster in your OH with an enchant that is passive or nearly passive might be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    all you did was test white swings? idk cause wol confooses the hell out of me...

do an actual fury rotation with both specs and with those white weapons and you will see tg pull ahead. equip real weapons and you will see tg gain even more.
    yes all he did was melee swing.

You HAVE to use your rotations to see the difference, a lot of abilities, like whirlwind, are based on your main hand weapon damage, and will scale tremendously with bigger slower higher weapon damage items.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You can be pretty sure that the way Blizz tested it - all things being equal - there is no friggin' way you'll beat 2x2H DPS with 2x1H DPS.
    But don't take it too hard on yourself, I hear they are planning to bring back 1H fury alternatives in Cata.
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

Yeah. I see no point in having dual-wield if it's completely useless. Blizzard must've looked at that too...LOL.

I used to like fury in BC, however, like everyone else, I got all excited about titan's grip when it was announced. After playing it a while, I just didn't enjoy the playstyle and it quickly led to me abandoning my warrior. I was mostly a tank but would respec to dps between raids to keep the flavor alive. Going from the quick pace of warrior tanking to the swing-3 seconds waiting-swing style of the new fury, I moved on.

I am really hoping that they bring this option back to warriors, because not everyone is all about the big crits.

And MAN is it hard getting two-handed weapons, let me tell you.
    "Ultimately, making the blanket statement '25m content is harder, period' is at best an overstatement and at worst ignorant drivel." Garrek

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    You HAVE to use your rotations to see the difference, a lot of abilities, like whirlwind, are based on your main hand weapon damage, and will scale tremendously with bigger slower higher weapon damage items.
    If I'm not mistaken, Whirlwind actually takes into account the damage of both hands, not just the main hand, making it particularly friendly to two two-handed weapons.

correct Eravian =P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Astemus View Post
    Going from the quick pace of warrior tanking to the swing-3 seconds waiting-swing style of the new fury, I moved on.
    As a man who loves his Fury warrior I URGE you to revisit the Fury spec. The "feel" you described is completely opposite of how the class is now. Maybe at a very low level of gearing (ie. when WotLK first came out) you're going to feel bored while you wait for rage gen... but now its another story.

I swear, Fury has a very snappy feel to it now. In heroics I actually have to play more conservatively, usually giving tanks 2 or 3 global cooldowns worth of wait time before I start into my rotation... but once you get your rotation going it feels very fun.. definitely not a slow spec at all.

I was actually playing around with Fury the other day, since I know have a Citadel Enforcer's Claymore and Ramaladni's Blade of Culling... did alright dps, but I do agree that compared to Arms it definitely feels slower... although it didn't help that a lot of the time I couldn't really find much to fill my empty GCD with... Heroic Throw, Sunder, Slam if it procs... Execute if I can...

WW>BT>Slam! (proc'd)>Heroic Strike/Cleave
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

1) if you have your 4pc, or even simply enough gear to viably weave rend in to your rotation fury uses pretty much every single GCD these days. sure you have to get out of the mind set of trying to never push BT or WW back but it's still a DPS gain, and it's a lot of fun. learning to weave rend in to my rotation is seriously some of the most fun I have ever had with the fury rotation.

2) with 1h fury you would have to pick up TfB, unless you wanted to waste points by leaving them in 2h weapon spec. just think about the GCD clutter of having to manage BT, WW, bloodsurge procs, weaving rend, and TfB procs, not to mention the rage generation requirements to be swapping stances every ~6 seconds. doing that would make you even more global starved that arms which is already using every single GCD.

3) faster weapons mean less damage per 1ap, with the average 2h speed being 3.6 and the average 1h speed being 2.6 by using 1h's you are decreasing the damage per 1 ap by ~27.7%, which after WW/HS/slam damage is taken in to account is going to be more of a loss DPS than the 10% damage reduction caused by TG.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I don't know, like a few people here, it just seems boring to me. Back when I was leveling I either used a shield, or two 1-handers, I never used a two hander. In fact, since I started playing this game, (shortly after Burning Crusade came out), I steered clear of 2-handed weapons because the speed was so high. I was never one to play the alpha class, or in this case, an alpha talent build. It's really easy to never change stances and hit 4-5 abilities for a boss fight. I respect everyone's opinion, and if Titan's Grip works for you, then by all means do it. I have only ever played the warrior class. I dabbled in death knight and priest a bit, but I always come back to warrior. I think there are a lot of hidden gems within warrior builds that have yet to be seen. In a metaphorical sense: I try to be the Titan's Grip warrior that equips a shield and pops defensive stance/shield block during Bonestorm, or a whirlwind. And that is what makes warrior such a great class: versatility.

I'm surprised more people don't find it absolutely RIDICULOUS that you tested with ilvl 20 weapons.

But then again, it's not like Any warrior skills scale with weapons right -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Phillycheese View Post
    I'm surprised more people don't find it absolutely RIDICULOUS that you tested with ilvl 20 weapons.

But then again, it's not like Any warrior skills scale with weapons right -_-
    cause it's the easiest way to get same ilvl weapons in both 2hander and onehander versions....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Fury slow? Thats probably because you're not generating enough rage for constant cleave/hs spam or not getting enough crits for some SLAMMIN'!.
    Fury is only my offspec but i've got 245ilvl gear all 'round more or less. Did a full Arp regem last night and i'm now sitting at 100% Arp with food/elixir and i got alot of attacks to do during fights, with big numbers comming out.

Our dedicated guild fury warrior does a crapload of damage it's borderline rediculous and he to, has to lay low for 7-8 seconds on trash atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    cause it's the easiest way to get same ilvl weapons in both 2hander and onehander versions....
    That's true, but since the key point here is that TG benefits from the higher stat budget and raw damage/dps of the weapons, a test that uses unrealistically low damage weapons with no bonus stats invalidates the testing. I hope we all agree on that.

I hope also that we can let this thread die now, DW fury without TG is dead until Blizzard decide to change things. The underlying reasons are fairly simple: The whole of WOW damage and scaling is based on some fairly universal constants. How much damage and stat budget weapons have being one of those. Titans Grip breaks it in a major way. The net result is that Blizzard have had to balance the whole of the Fury tree around the assumption that you HAVE got TG. They have spoken many times about how they don't like the fact that TG is a "1 point god mode" talent point, but that they think the cool factor of swinging 2x2handers is worth it. There will always be people that want to try to swim uphill, but you are not going to compete on a level playing field with a "unique snowflake" build against someone that has an optimal build and knows how to play.

In all honesty to really give anything a good try you must work on it for a weeks or so at least. I lvld Arms then switched to Fury when 3.3.3 came out. I considered myself "trying Fury out" for at least a month. When I switched over to Fury if I would have went from the numbers that day I would have went back to Arms and made a huge mistake. But after working on the spec and getting the rotation down. I seen the real results coming from hard work and research. And that is all it comes down to. Many of us have tired many specs and different ways of doing things. But if honestly think DW 2 1-H is better than fully using TG. then switch the specs. And really use it for about a month, See what the numbers are. Then go back to use TG for a month, Get used to it And i KNOW you will see better numbers with TG EVERYTIME.

Why do people constantly think there are some undiscovered talents that other people before them just haven't utilized correctly?
    Cookie cutter specs are cookie cutter because they are better.
    People don't dual wield one handers because it's dumb and does less damage in every real scenario, every time, by a mountain. You honestly shouldn't even need mathematics to tell you the end results.

But it's always fun to look for what may have been overlooked. Every now and then there is something, that's how fun and interesting new ideas are found.

On a related but non-congruous point, I am excited by the fact that they have mentioned trying to make Fury a Titan's Grip *or* one-hand dual wield tree.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    On a related but non-congruous point, I am excited by the fact that they have mentioned trying to make Fury a Titan's Grip *or* one-hand dual wield tree.
    Me too, I want my beloved non-TG Fury back. I just hope it will be high enough in the tree for me to pick up it and deep wounds at 60.

+ Reply to Thread