+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTF? fury warrior trinket question.

WTF? fury warrior trinket question.

ok so here is my warrior http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Bigbadgoom i am new to fury spec so i am not sure, but i see a few well geared fury warriors on my realm (zuljin) using the harkumi war token, i didnt think haste was a good stat for warriors, is it? or are they just using it to boost there GS? also, any other constructive critisim on my toon would be much appriciated. thx a lot.

Haste is a good stat for rage generation, but I can think of better trinkets.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

it's not that good of a trinket, definitely not worth the 60 frost badges. they are either using it to boost their gs or they don't know any better.

gear looks pretty good, over hit cap but probably because you just got the mace and it's got alot on it. try to get your t10 helm next, and then either get the leather badge belt and wait for voa to drop the tier legs or buy them and then the belt.

you are at ~78% arp passive with nes, so try farming reg trial 5 man at least once a day for banner of victory to replace it while you wait to get deathbringer's will and switch your str gems to arp and head towards arp hard cap.

also, switch your str rep ring for the agi version, it's a bit better.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Not sure why you guys say it's a bad trinket. The war token is amazing for any melee dps. It's WAY better than greatness or banner of victory or any other trinket besides mjolnir runestone (if you are softcapping), DV/DC, whispering fanged skull, or DBW. For a lot of warriors, it's about on par with non-heroic DV/DC and normal WFS.

Unless you plan on getting Death's Choice or Deathbringer's Will sometime soon, i'd drop the needle-encrusted scorpion for the war token in a heartbeat and start really pushing for hardcapped armor pen.

**Also, google "landsoul's dps spreadsheet" and go to the first link that pops up. It should be a thread at elitistjerks.com. Download the spreadsheet (you must have microsoft excel) and use it to figure out what gear works best for you. I see some choices you've made that aren't ideal, and the spreadsheet will help correct those flaws.**

ps. If you must know what those choices are, I was talking about your belt (leather badge one is better), your ring (agil one is better), your neck (get the triumph badge agil/armorpen one), and the fact that you are over the softcap with an arp proc trinket (but like i said, replace the scorpion and go full arp).
    Last edited by Dragaan; 03-13-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Haste is not an ideal stat for warriors, but it's far from being worthless or bad. There's usually a LOT of competition for physical dps trinkets, and the war token is a great trinket to use until you can finally get one of the few better trinkets. It's definitely worth 60 frost badges if you don't have anything better, especially if fury is your offspec and you don't see yourself getting one of the best trinkets anytime soon.

As prot warrior with a fury offspec im still using greatness card and banner of victory. Landsoul spreadsheet shows this list of trinkets so im probably gonna pick it up as well when i have nothing else to spend my emblems on.

1. Deathbringer's will
    2. Whispering fanged skull
    3. Herkuml War Token
    4. Death's Choice
    5. Comet's Trail
    6. Banner of Victory
    7. Greatness card

i would list death's choice and, depending on your arp, banner of victory over the war token
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

/wave from Zul'jin

I will have to agree with destruyen here, I would not spends 60 emblems on Herkuml unless you have nothing else to do with frost emblems and still dont have better trinket. For now just farm banner from TOC 5 man and wait till you get DBW from Saurfang 25. Replace NES ASAP as you are at 80% arpen and most of the proc is being wasted. Also you should really push for arpen hard cap.

Second thing you need to replace ASAP is Glyph of mortal Strike to Glyph of Heroic Strike.

3rd replace str ring to agility ring.

4th, you really should be using the leather frost emblem belt and the plate has sucky itemization and you are already like way above hit cap (all you need is 164 hit).

IDK what triumph neck dragaan is talking about but AFAIK necks are from conquest emblems not triumphs. Ony head reward agility neck is pretty good to use.

Also feel free to PM me in game if you have any questions(armory link in sig).

HTH
    Last edited by gabbu; 03-15-2010 at 10:44 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Compare the AP buff.

Banner of Victory gives 1008 AP for 10 seconds with a 50 second internal CD (from whats posted on Wowhead), which averages out to 168 AP/min.

War token, gives you 17 AP/hit stacking to 20 stacks or 340 AP. In a 5 minute fight you're going to see an AP bonus per minute of ~320 AP (because it's going to take some time to land all 20 hits). Which is double or so that of Banner of Victory and guaranteed if you keep hitting rather than random like Banner.

So then you're looking at Token's 153 Haste versus Banner's 84 Arm Pen.

So even though Token has haste, it's nearly double AP bonus (and non-spikey) in extended fights lends it to being better for boss fights.

Banner is probably better for soloing or shorter fights with breaks in them (trash pulls, etc) or if you're near the soft or hard ArP cap.

At least, this is if I've read up on the items correctly. But it really looks like you ought to carry both and swap 'em depending on the fight.

take into consideration that attack power has half the sep of arp above 70% passive (more the closer to 100% arp you get with banner).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hey! Welcome to fury

These easy changes should boost your dps a lot. The main problem is your arp is too low,
    arp starts to really be worth it in that last stretch!

1) Always have hearty rhino buff
    2) Switch NES to War totem (we're taught to hate haste, but it actually totally rules. i use it.) till you get DBW
    3) Switch 264 expertise ring to festergut25m ring
    4) Switch ramaladni's to SE and put SE in the main hand.
    5) Switch badge belt for togc10 arp belt
    6) Switch neck to togc10 1st boss arp neck
    7) Lose mining for any other profession that gives a dps increase
    8) get legplates of painful death.

cheers.

2) Switch NES to War totem (we're taught to hate haste, but it actually totally rules. i use it.) till you get DBW
    there's better trinkets other than war token until they can get dbw and wfs. it's really not worth using 60 frost badges on until after you get 4 pc t10, plate gloves, cloak, and the leather belt.

8) get legplates of painful death
    waste of crafting mats for fury imo since the tier legs are best in slot until heroic icc 25 for the spec.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    there's better trinkets other than war token until they can get dbw and wfs. it's really not worth using 60 frost badges on until after you get 4 pc t10, plate gloves, cloak, and the leather belt.
    War token is a ~150+ dps increase for him, Death's choice is ~145 dps increase for him. He has gloves and cloak already, and the leather belt is only a ~140 dps increase. What trinket is better than war token that isn't DC, H-DC, H-WFS, or DBW?

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    waste of crafting mats for fury imo since the tier legs are best in slot until heroic icc 25 for the spec.
    BIS isn't really relevant when giving people advice because BIS changes depending on what your current gear is. BIS gear won't be universal upgrade for everyone. In his case, LoPD is a 10 dps increase over 264 t10 legs. LoPD is much more attainable because it's a few hours of farming or 30 minutes of AH playing, while 264 t10 is a lottery.

+ Reply to Thread