+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4pT10 Warrior Tank Set - Doesn't look worth it.

4pT10 Warrior Tank Set - Doesn't look worth it.

First, the 4p bonus looks very useful. The 2p bonus - not at all. It's not much of a help to AoE threat which is the only place I really need help with damage (well my DPS is abysmal, 1.5-1.8 in heroics, but that's what DPS is for). Boss tanking threat is not an issue.

I really need to maximize surviveability. So with the following assumptions:
    A) My guild isn't going to get past Saurfang10 for a while (in part due to my gear/ability); and
    B) We're 10-man raiding guild

I'm looking at the Hand/Chest pieces and I just don't see how, even as desirable as the 1 min CD buffed Corroded Skeleton Key ability is, I can pass on the increased survivability of Cataclysmic Chestguard over Ymirjar Lord's Breastplate and Gauntlents of the Kracken over Ymirjar's Handgaurds.

Have other warrior tanks in the same position (limited to 10-man and early in that) made the same decision to bypass the 4p bonus? The 2p bonus looks to be an eventual bonus bonus as those pieces will just be best avaialble to me for a while.

Have any made the decison either way and later changed their mind and found one or the other to be better?

T10 doesn't really get attractive until it is upgraded to t10.25, and that is only certain pieces. Cataclysmic chestguard is far superior to T10, but not to t10.5. The gauntlets for t10.25 are as good as the Gauntlets of the Kraken (armor wise) with different stats, and the helm/shoulders are decent upgrades at the T10 stage, but good upgrades at T10.25.

Really, you should look at getting the Cataclysmic Chestguard and Pillars of might for BiS EH until you are able to upgrade tier chest/leg pieces to T10.5. The other piece upgrade values are heavily dependant on your current gear. If you are a 10-man guild, start running Heroic TotC 10 to get better gear out of there.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I agree with Mellvar.

Even tanks who have access ICC 25 are still better off with the Badge Items instead of the Tier.

The base level 251 tier is a downgrade to the badge counter parts, so much so that even with the 4pc bonus it is still a net loss. The only time the Tier becomes a better option is if you have x4 tokens to upgrade 4 items to the level 264. At that point the bonus is worth going for.

Personally I have been passing all the Protector tokens to our DPS, since they have much better bonuses and more DPS is always a good thing.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking. The Sanctified Ymirjar's pieces are very equal and the bonus puts them over the top - but that's a long way away. Looking at it seemed that 2p Head/Shoulders, Cataclysmic, Kracken, and Pillars would be the best combination that is available. And if I get something better on a drop than the head/shoulders losing that 2p bonus isn't something I'm concerned about.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread