+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I really just need some feedback on my set up - specifically to maximise dps

I really just need some feedback on my set up - specifically to maximise dps

disregard
    Last edited by gonlaz; 03-12-2010 at 10:29 AM.

I would switch your meta the 21 agi one which only requires 1 blue gem to activate. I'd put the nightmare's tear in your blue chest socket instead of that Arp+Stam. Agi to cloak is better than Haste to cloak. I wouldn't socket for Crit either. At your gear level I would probably stick 10 str 10 crit in yellow sockets, and armor pen in red sockets till you reach 722 rating (softcap w/ your NES). I would also be on the lookout for better ArP gear like Gatecrasher Gauntlets + Vengeful Noose from the Frost vendor.

You have wiggle room for hit, as you only need 164, keep that in mind when looking at upgrades.

Your biggest upgrade would be Ramaladni's off of Saurfang 10. That would let you get rid of your expertise gems + enchants or that trinket. I don't care what people are telling you, I think you're geared enough for ICC10.

Do you have a DPS neckpiece?

I'm not really a fan of Anger Management + Unbridled Wrath. I'd take points out of that and just go for 2/2 Booming Voice and 4/5 Commanding Presence. Longer and more powerful shouts > a few extra rage here and there when you're already going to be hitting so hard it doesn't matter.

EDIT: Looks like you erased your post?

You scared him away?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Lol! No, I just decided to erase the post because I thought I was being a pain, nobody had responded at the time I erased it, I though anyway...Vengeful noose is leather though, I don't think I need that one.
    As far as hit rating goes, there is virtually no way for me not to have higher hit rating as I think about 99% of gear (before the frost emblem good stuff) has loads of hit. I went ArmP on the gems to hit soft cap for the NES and I noticed my dps back to normal, however last night at Saurfang - I could only hit 3900-4100 and I was right on his ass the entire fight but we couldn't down him. Now it's not all my fault, I was #2 on dps chart for that fight, everyone below me was - below 3500.

SO - after Saurang fail I went and got me two new pieces of armor to go with my new sword from LM (the Citadel Claymore), gatecrasher's gauntlets and Hellfrozen bonegrinders that took my armor penetration to the soft cap without having to buff up for that stat. But it still troubles me greatly, wth am I not hitting more than 4k on a boss I am on the whole fight?? I mean, seriously, I am not a dumbass, I know how to play, I work the rotation, in 10 mans my latency and all is good enough and I have the gear. I keep thinking it's because I am undead War maybe? We're slow moving...To be anynoe now, you have to be able to get through ICC content and doing 4k at Saurfang isn't going to get me any invites. I can only hope that if I keep upgrading my gear, the damage will come, getting a piece of frost emblem gear again will take 30 days or whatever I think at that horrible rate of 2 a day and 5 a week.

I believe 3 of the BiS pieces for Fury are leather.

Do not think for a second that mixing armor types is a bad thing, sometimes pieces that are not plate are far better itemised than plate pieces. I'd take a look at TheGreatMe's Fury Warrior guide in the DPS discussion forum, he has some insight as to how you should gear and what stats to look for.

Also, what was your rotation like on Saurfang? The problem I have noticed is that timing the WW to not get delayed with the BloodBeast spawn is particularily difficult in that fight, and until you've done it a few times, it will hurt your DPS.

I have spent loads of time in the warrior guide forum, I've got about all I can get out of it at this point, and I keep getting told that I can't judge my dps by 10 man results, which is counter productive to me; 10/25 man content is where it's at, as far as I am concerned anyway.

Hey where is that best in slot list anyway? I have searched but am failing at finding a list.

thanks for the feedback

Forgot - on Saurfang I used the regular rotation for fury, ww, bt, gcd, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20755448

provides more dps than landsoul's list for normal mode fury since it includes lich king loot.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

oooooooo..... crazy new sig Destruyen....

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    oooooooo..... crazy new sig Destruyen....
    pretty awesome yeh?

finally got around to getting an updated one.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I was able to make some really nice upgrades in the past few days including the citadel claymore, gatecrasher's gauntlets and the T10 pants from Voa - my heroic dps has gone up 2k and my dps in ICC trash has peaked at 11.126k which even though it was trash mobs, I was pleased to see it go from 8-9k. I am going to keep working on it, though I noticed that I lose a little rage lately, not really sure whats' going on there - I went from the 18/53 to 19/52

+ Reply to Thread