+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking my Bear Tank more seriously.

Taking my Bear Tank more seriously.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&cn=Deborahkin

So I decided to make my Druid a tank as I've been missing tanking since I got rid of my Paladin back in BC. Last thing I tanked was trash in Hyjal...

Anyways, I think I've got a solid start and it hasn't taken me too long to get back in shape. I've DPSd ICC 25 a couple of times and decided I should just stick to tanking it.

So, my question is mostly is there anything more I should be looking at, or looking for. Collecting tier pieces hasn't been a big concern yet as I wasn't certain on which way I would be taking this toon. Any concern on spec, gems, enchants and such?

I've got a 10man I run and we're finally clicking as a group so I want to start pushing for Heroic ICC 10 and again, Normal ICC 25 with a group of friends as well.

Any help/tips would be appreciated even though I'm certain I've got a good start but any little thing I might not have noticed right away helps

Thanks!

A couple of gems aren't hot - you shouldn't be going for socket bonuses like dodge.

Losing skinning is probably the single biggest improvement you could make. Almost any profession save herbalism would better serve.

Your spec is fine, though your cat one is a little weird. IW?

Yeah, the Dodge socket bonus was simply because I happened to have that gem on me when I got the upgrade. I noticed I still gained the full Dodge amount (according to Rating Buster) so I shrugged it off as I initially figured I'd be into DR soon on Dodge.

I am considering dropping Skinning real soon. I have a Hunter who is Engineer/Miner so I figured I would simply switch their gathering professions to line them up more.

The Cat spec was a quick experiment to PvP with some buddies.

I'm also noting that in RAWR, it seems our tier pieces aren't BiS in a lot of cases. Should I prioritize them any more or less than I am now? I'm considering getting the 95 Badge Chest next and stocking up badges on alts for the crafted pants and then probably the 60 Badge gloves right after. Again, I won't be in a consistent ICC 25 for maybe another month or two and the pugs I go in probably won't get far enough for some time to warrant the set bonuses. My 10 man with friends is starting to move along, but we certainly won't be in Heroic 10 man any time over the next few weeks.

Also, for Gemming. Should I just got entirely Stam then? Any socket bonus I should be looking for if I feel the need to not socket all Stam?

Also, I've got the Black Heart and the Glyph of Indomitability for my second trinket. Any reason I should by using the Glyph over the Black Heart?
    Last edited by Critter; 03-12-2010 at 12:05 AM.

RAWR is a pretty bad tool for bears, you should get the head, shoulders, legs and hands tier pieces and get the boe chest from 25 man icc. For the most part you should gem all stam, I usually pickup red socket bonuses with a 10/15 gem im using 7 of them right now and still hitting 70k. Unless youre doing some of the harder hardmodes you dont have to fully maximize stam

The individual pieces aren't BiS for the most part given a similar non-tier piece - mostly due to the lack of sockets. But it doesn't matter, because the 4p bonus is insanely good.

You should likely use glyph over black heart on any fight that is physically tough, like Fester and LK. For any other fight, black heart is probably better.

I'd personally recommend going for all stam. As I showed with Darksend, the gain you get is about 95 stam for 95 agi. I'd personally rather have the 1400 health than the 1.5% more dodge and 200 armor. It's up to you though.

Yeah, I've still got it in my head that I don't necessarily need the 4p t10 bonus just yet for what I'm running. Right now I'll grab the badge/craftables to hold me off until I get some 264 tokens down the line and then switch gear around that.

I'm also first in line on my 10man for the Putricide trinket when it drops so that will fix the trinket questions.

Anyways, thanks for the responses. Suppose I'll start swapping in more Stam with future pieces and go get my Mining up.

Actually, going to ask a couple of other questions.

First off, for some reason my Armor seems abysmally low. I know I still have some not so great pieces, but aside from the Armor Glove Reinforcement is there anything else I could be doing? I still want to get the neck from ToC 25 and the Ring from ToGC10 if they would ever drop and I figure those will help quite a bit.

So, Armor on Gloves, yes or no? I switched Glyph of Indom in a bit yesterday in my ICC10 for some fights so I figure that much more from the Gloves could help.

Also, threat... I do well on threat, all in all but it too feels low. I'm peaking up to around 10kTPS when my Rogue TotTs me and I'm in little danger of losing aggro with my group but it still is a bit concerning. Maybe I'm just trying to be picky or whatever, but I'd like to work on that. I'm well aware of the rotation so that isn't the issue but I'm considering going to an Imp. Mangle spec with the King of the Jungle to see if that helps out at all. Given I don't have the 4p yet, I figure popping Enrage midfight with the Corroded Skeleton Key might help even it out.

So, would a 0/60/11 spec (I think that's the right numbers of the spec I'm thinking) be decent to play with?

+ Reply to Thread