+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic bashing and all stuff general

Heroic bashing and all stuff general

After helping a few guildies out last night in heroics i was amused that i actually had to pull the instance in large pulls of multiple mobs to be able to generate enough rage to do my stuff.

We were laughing about the fact that i should pretty much use dps gear to tank to enable any rage to be generated and dps at a high level.

So i wondered about building up a gear set with some stuff i had lying around in the bank and threw some odd gems around and came up with this:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&cn=Belgariad

Now i havent changed the talent build but looking to be more dps orientated for heroics and general stuff rather than tanking ICC content.

So i figure, improve the block, more strength, expertise and hit and keep avoidance to a minimum.

Whats the general concensus to heroic farming gear and builds or do u simply use alts.

How are you making the general stuff more interesting ?
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

At a minimum heroics need 2x dps trinkets and a dps weapon. If it is a full guild run our healers just go in a dps spec and pinch heal.

Yeah, once you hit that 245/251/264 level of gear... heroics become interesting.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I use a shield block heavy set (just under 3k) along with Levanthor's and some DPS trinket.Seems to work fine.

We've managed to have our Fury warrior fury-tank in full dps gear & in berzerker stance. With a good healer at his back, he managed everything except tyrannus in PoS.

^this

If the healer is good enough I just switch to fury and go to town, anywhere other than ICC dungeons its really easy since a fury warrior in high level gear is easily over 30k hp buffed.

Otherwise I use a lot of my fury gear mixed with some of my tanking stuff, my defense hovers around 500 (omg I can be crit for like 10k!) and avoidance in the high 40's percentage, hitpoints still way over 40k which is enough not to freak out the uninformed puggers.

Might want to take a look at this thread as well:

Speed heroics - what should the well dressed warrior tank wear?

It covered a similar discussion and got some pretty good replies.

if the group is good I tank in dps gear alot its fun to pull 4 to 5k dps when tanking.

although I remember one time I tanked HoS in my T6 gear with thunderfury lol did not have any agro issues and we cleared it in like 20 mins and the group said they had a blast.. everyone in the group had a GS of about 5.7k and we killed the last boss in about 25 sec I think.

but most of the time when I ask if I can tank in T6 people get mad at me though lol

i've been using this spec : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...rwench&group=2

with DPS trinkets and a slow DPS weapon for 3-5K in Heroics. cleave and cleave glyph is yummy. i am about 515 Defense as well.. moar crit! moar rage!

It's also pretty easy to buy a full set of mid-level pvp gear and tear stuff up while staying uncritable.

Been meaning to do it myself.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

Im still experimenting but i found grabbing the tanking gear from ToGC 10 and ToC 25 and gemming / enchanting as DPS is having some..interesting results.

Thanks for the links.. im gonna read them today.

LAst night it was stupid... we spent an hour progressing our 10 man content on Sindragosa - killed her btw then had our first look at LK. Then went to daily random heroic..i was in full EH tank gear and was struggling to get any rage whatsoever.. daft at times, stuff dies by the time you have dodged, blocked, parried..."cleave"..dodged (no rage)..mob dead.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwench View Post
    i've been using this spec : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...rwench&group=2

with DPS trinkets and a slow DPS weapon for 3-5K in Heroics. cleave and cleave glyph is yummy. i am about 515 Defense as well.. moar crit! moar rage!
    Wouldn't it be better to go for impale and deep wounds instead of improved cleave? The telent seems pretty lackluster to me.
    With a mix of dps gear, your crit rate would also be somewhat higher.

+ Reply to Thread