+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PRot warrior hit cap???

PRot warrior hit cap???

I am a prot warrior and need to know what the hit cap is for me? my hit is 267= 8.14%.

The hit cap is 8%, except for abilities which use the spell hit table like taunt/etc.
    Getting hit in the face by mobs since 2004 - Armory

so what would be that cap?

ok, so taunt uses spell power cap? if so what is the cap for that? i run with a draenei pally and doing ICC saurfang we i am having taunt issues this was before i got 267 hit rating will this help the issue?

Spell hit cap is 17%. Also note that taunt uses the spell hit conversion, so if you have 8% melee hit, then you have 10% spell hit and only need 7% more.

When you attack from the front your attacks can be dodged and parried (ca. 6.5 % dodge + ca 12 - 15 % parry)
    When you attack from the back (dpsing) your attacks can be dodged (ca. 6.5 %)

================================================== =
    Hit Caps:
    ================================================== =

263 hit rating (removing 8% miss rate) (sve ispod 200 je klimavo a ispod 150 vrlo klimavo
    164 with the talent 3/3 precision (removing 5% miss rate)(talenat)

Racial Bonus:
    Draenei: Remove 32 hit rating from any of these numbers for your cap

================================================== ==
    Expertise Caps
    ================================================== ==

214 expertise rating (26 expertise skill) removing 6.5% dodge rate (minimum je 26 - na 22 ste soft capovani)
    164 expertise rating using the talent 3/3 Vitality(talenat)
    469 expertise rating (57 expertise skill) removing dodge and parry. (maximum)

Racial bonuses:
    Human using sword or mace: 25 less expertise rating needed
    Dwarfs using maces: 41 less expertise rating needed

================================================== =======
    Defense
    ================================================== =======

540 defense skill -5,6% chance to be critically hit (Raid bosses)

540 defense for a warrior is the minimum where you get crit immune (rather than a cap which means maximum). Getting more defense after reaching 540 is still very good, it gives, dodge, parry, blockrating and chance to be missed.
    Glyph of Taunt
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Warrior
    Requires Level 15
    Item Level 10Use: Increases the chance for your Taunt ability to succeed by 8%.
    Sell Price: 1

Yeah I suggest you use glyph of taunt if you have problems with taunt misses, don't gimp yourself by gearing or gemming for hit.
    Getting hit in the face by mobs since 2004 - Armory

anything else that would help

Thank you all for help! We did saurfang and downed him thursday night at 1st time. my expertise ratting is only 14, not good any sugestions? below is a link to my toon.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Thrudheim

thank all again!

Armory lookups belong in the HALP! forum. Moved there.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Regem your gloves for all +30stam
    Drop the parry gem from your shoulders for +30stam
    I'd drop the ToC25 ring for Clutch of Fortification
    Get new trinkets. Glyph of indominability is good and the black heart is easy to get as well.
    Reenchant cloak for armor.
    Personally I'd reenchant your weapon for Blood Draining or Mongoose.
    Get the socket bonus for your helmet and boots.
    Get a new gun

Take a long hard read on this link, it will help a lot.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Tanking-Guide

Hit isn't as special as it's made to be. Expertise is, I think, the more needed value here. Around 25 or 26 is the magic number, but I'm learning that it could be lower. I think 14 is a little too low. My hit is 184 and my Exp is at 27. Look at the spec section there, it explains how deep wounds will maximize threat.

And remember, STAM STAM STAM !

26 Expertise Skill is what your aiming for.

Do not gem or enchant for Hit. Just take what you get in the form of green equips on gear through the natural course of upgrades. It really does not matter. Most tanks including myself tanking ToC/ToGC 10/25 with as little as 40-80 hit rating.

Your threat comes from proper ability usage in your priority rotation first and foremost. Second is your spec and glyphs. After that comes being dodge capped for expertise at 26 skill.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

If it helps at all I had very low Hit rateing while I was raiding TOC 10/25 man and this lasted until ICC. I didnt care much of my hit rateing and I found ways around my taunts missing all the time. You only really have to do 2 things.
    1. Put Vigilence on your fellow tank that way u have unlimited taunts. (This is when Dimishing returns come into play though so be careful with that.
    2. If you still have trouble with taunt just glyph it

Happy Tanking

+ Reply to Thread