+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeling a bit squishy as a tank...

Feeling a bit squishy as a tank...

I have an 80 prot paladin that is slightly better geared than my druid at the moment, but I love playing the druid so much more as its more fluid. Lately in higher heroics and raids I have been feeling really squishy. The first 5 seconds of the pulls in PoS on the ramp with Blight and Hellfire are particularly rough. Am I messing up my gearing or spec in some way?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Cloudburst

Youre always going to feel squishy against magic dmg, thats the bears weakness

Spec is a bit off but nothing to major, get rid of the natural and master shape shifter for infected wounds and intensity

Youre always going to feel squishy against magic dmg, thats the bears weakness
    Your spec and gear look fine.

Hmmm, looks like it hadn't updated my spec yet. I'm actually running a 58/13 spec. Should be updated now, hadn't logged out for a bit.

Check out Darksend's guide. He has quite a few different builds listed to fit your tanking needs

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...al-Druid-Guide

I learned a lot from his guide but I don't understand every build getting Master Shapeshifter, i think its not as useful as some other choices.

No offense intended Darksend. =p
    Last edited by Cloudburst; 03-10-2010 at 04:49 PM.

obviously a huge mistake since right before in the guide under the description of the talents he writes "If taken out of 5 points, as NSS is more or less useless in pve, it balances out to .8% damage increase per point."

One thing you may have overlooked is keeping up Demo Roar on trash if you're feeling squishy, it's the perfect way to mitigate the melee damage you will take. Also, when running random heroics, check the healers gear out before you go, it lets you know how much you can pull and how fast. I have a druid tank myself that is of a significantly higher gear level, but often find myself with healers in all ilvl 200 or lower. You may not be that squishy, your healer might just be unable to heal you properly.

+ Reply to Thread