+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ret Pally going prot.

Ret Pally going prot.

Hello there guys i am new to this forum obviously lol.

Anyways as the title suggests im respeccing my paladin from ret to prot for guild purposes, and was just wondering could anyone give me some tips on how to tank because i have never tanked before.

Tips like different opening spells or always avengers shield, best ways to keep aggro and so on and so forth.

Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Look up the 96969 rotation. It's the cornerstone of pally tanking, best rotation for sustained threat.

As mentioned, the 96969 rotation is good for pally tanks, good ways to keep agro, especially in ICC, are spells like Holy Wrath, Consecration.
    Your main Cooldown will be Divine protection, which is a 50% damage reduction as i'm sure you know, but please, please PLEASE, Don't just stack stamina, you need avoidances and armor to be able to tank a half decent raid effectively.

This is just from my experience, if i'm wrong, tankspot members feel free to correct me!

Quote Originally Posted by Invincibelf View Post
    but please, please PLEASE, Don't just stack stamina, you need avoidances and armor to be able to tank a half decent raid effectively.
    ?

Avoidance is nice and all, but you'll get plenty of it from gear once you get into badge stuff and above. That's why you stack stam and armor, because they're stronger than avoidance.

For a starting tank, I agree pure stam stacking is probably a bad idea. Not for a raider though.

so when i start what stat comes after def rating? dodge or..?

bump

+ Reply to Thread