+ Reply to Thread

Thread: enhancement shaman gem/gear help

enhancement shaman gem/gear help

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hor&cn=Gansham
    Hi, I was in ICC last night and I got 5 new pieces of gear (woot). I am using the 4 piece tier 9 bonus, but I got the chest piece off of saurfang last night and I still have my t9 legs I was wondering if it would be better to break it and just have 3 pieces, or replace the legs with t9 legs and use my new chest piece? Also now that I'm over the hit cap, what should I start gemming for?

Thank you

Grats on the gearups!

I think that upgrading from a 232 up to a 251 will be worth losing the 4-piece, especially since the Saurfang chest (correct me if I'm wrong) has hit on it, which will allow you to replace some hit gems.

Once you meet the spell hit cap and dodge cap, you should gem AP and Haste. EnhSim will give you a perfect idea of what to gem for, but just by eyeballing your gear I'd go with AP. (don't feel bad if you don't use a sim, I'm too lazy to run one myself - then again my shaman is like my third alt so I'm not trying to min/max and squeeze out every little ounce of DPS)

Enhance shaman seem to be one of the more difficult toons to tinker with and gem. From what I've been seeing, Haste reigns supreme. If it's yellow or blue socket, gem +20. If it's red the hybrid gem for AP/Haste. This of course, after hit and expertise are satisfied.

Thanks for the help so far

So what is the spell hit cap? Should I try to get to it?

(note: all of this is said without looking at your armory)

Stat priorities for shaman are as follows for a t9+ geared shaman (all caps including buffs and talents):

Hit rating until melee soft cap (8%) > Expertise until dodge cap (26 expertise) > Hit until spell cap (17%) > haste > attack power.

As mentioned, the ap/haste gem is acceptable if you are trying to get a gem bonus. I would personally suggest also getting one of the +10 all stats prismatic gem to fulfill your meta requirement for the relentless earthsiege.

With regards to hit, if you have a 3% hit chance debuff in your party, you want 342 if you are a draenei, 368 if you are not. For other caps, see http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit#Hit...s_for_level_80

For expertise, if you are not an orc, you want 140 rating assuming you have Unleashed Rage (which you should have), unless you are an orc using two weapons that benefit from the racial, in which case just aim for the 26 expertise number.

How necessary is it to hit the 26 expertise cap for en Enhancement Shaman? How much can you live with with or is it absolutely vital to get those 26 exp points? I have 16 at the moment. Is it better to gem AP at some point instead of Exp? What point would that be in that case? I take sooo many gem slots to hit the 26 exp points. I hate loosing all that AP/haste...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Trismegistus

+ Reply to Thread