+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do I do now?

What do I do now?

I probably didnt search the forums hard enough, and I apologize ahead of time. I'm fairly new to WotLK, but not WoW itself. I've been tanking randoms trying to gear up, but I'm just about as equipped as I can get from it. I'm still going to pick up T9+Trophy shoulders, and there are some boots in H Pit of Saron that are a marginal upgrade to me. Now the question is what do I do next? I'm not sure what the next step is. I know its 10/25 mans, but there is so many of them I don't know where to begin. Any advice on where to go, and if I'm even geared to tank them? I have my armory in my sig.

Thanks.

Naxxramas/Malygos/Obsidium Sanctum = Tier 7 content
    Ulduar = Tier 8
    Trial of the Crusader = Tier 9
    ICC = Tier 10

I'd suggest (1) getting rid of those +24 stam gems and get +30 instead, (2) run a few more ToC 25's and then ICC25.

Honestly you could make a go of ICC10/25 right now, the first wing at least.

Bashal, thank you for the very swift reply.

I have a few more questions now, haha. Does this mean that other then to see the content I can skip T8 and below? From what I took from your post is that I'm geared to tank T9, but not quite geared yet to do T10. Is this correct?

Also I'd like to point out that the only reason I have some ToC25 man gear is because my guild ran it one day when I first started playing again, and I was given all the trophies/gear from there because no one else in the guild needed it. Thank you for pointing out that I need to get my +24sta gems replaced. This might take me a little while as I'm fairly broke at the moment, and am also saving for epic flying still.

My pleasure.

Easiest way to get epic gems:

Turn in stonekeeper shards in wintergrasp for the 2k honor tokens (note you cap out on honor at 75k, so spend some first if you hit that limit and still have unused tokens), then go buy epic gems for 10k honor each at the same place you can buy all the other PvP stuff for honor (sorry, never played horde, don't know the name of the place).

What you can tank:

ToC25 should be no problem for you at all. ICC 10 or 25 first wing you can definitely offtank, you might (a) have problems after that and (b) some PUGs will look at your health and maybe boot you. :/ But technically you can start on ICC in my opinion.

Anything before ToC 10/25, except for maybe the odd piece of gear (like a shield or trinket or something) you would tank either for practice or just to see the stuff you missed. Some of it was pretty fun, so that alone might make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by Bashal; 03-09-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Good call on the Stone Keeper Shards . I was able to get 3 epic gems out of it, and I've replaced 2 of the 3 +24s i have now. I'm waiting on the 3rd because I'll be replacing the shoulders that house it within a day or two.

Again thanks for the help, and hopefully I'll be able to do the same for someone.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread