+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is my DPS so low..?

Why is my DPS so low..?

Hey there,

The title of the post says pretty much everything... My DPS is strangely low, and I'd like to figure out why... That's why I came here.

On average, my DPS on single-target fights is around 5,500... But I've been told that with my gear, it should be far higher... Which I believe, considering there's another Shaman in my 10man raid group with a lower gear score than me doing 6,500 on average.

So here's a link to my armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...C3%90readshock - My in-game gear score, according to the GearScore addon, is 5499

A few quick statements:
    • I'm aware that I have some Healing gear, but when it dropped, it was better than what I had at the time.
    • I'm aware that my trinkets are terrible. Nothing I need from ICC-10/25 or ToC-25 ever drops, thus ending with me having bad trinkets.
    • I'm also aware that I have a not-so-Shamanistic pair of boots... But like the Healing gear, they were better than the cloth ones I got from ToC-10...

~^!^~Please refer to the provided WoW Armory link for individual stats~^!^~

Here's my standard rotation for boss fights:

-drop totems-
    -pop minor cooldowns-
    Flame Shock
    Lava Burst
    Chain Lightning
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Chain Lightning
    Lava Burst
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Chain Lightning
    Lava Burst
    (since I've got two pieces of Tier 9.5, my Flame Shock lasts for 27 seconds)

All of that is done within the duration of a single Flame Shock. When I need to re-cast Flame Shock, the rotation starts over from the beginning, aside from dropping totems... unless they're about to run out.(duh!)

Anyway, that's basically it. I'd highly appreciate some help in some way, shape or form... I really need to find out what's going on here.

Thanks in advance!

Armory lookups belong in the HALP! forum. Even if dps related, if you're asking for rotation based advice it can go in the DPS forum but for this specific matter; you'd likely get better help in the HALP forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

My question wasn't specifically about the rotation, it was about... pretty much everything about my character.

Thanks for moving it to a more helpful area, though.

From looking at your gear you've gemmed full to spell power, the 2 ele shammies in my guild re both si miliar geared to you and have both gemmed fully for haste, as i believe after the hit cap is acheived, this is the most effective way to increase your dps.

Rdgs
    Rokk

Quote Originally Posted by rokknoker View Post
    From looking at your gear you've gemmed full to spell power, the 2 ele shammies in my guild re both si miliar geared to you and have both gemmed fully for haste, as i believe after the hit cap is acheived, this is the most effective way to increase your dps.

Rdgs
    Rokk

Well, just this morning, I replaced a couple of my pure Spell Power gems with the Haste/Spell Power gems so I could get my Haste up a bit.

Upon doing that, and replacing one of my rings with an old one I had in the bank, I brought my Haste from 697 to 757. I've run some Heroics & I even did the Weekly Raid this morning, and my DPS seemed to be much, much higher. In fact, with the new gems and ring, it went from around 5,500 to about 6,400, and that was only in a 10-man raid. In a 25-man format, I'd imagine my DPS would be about 6,800 or higher.

All-in-all, I got done what I needed to be done: raised my DPS by a large amount in a short amount of time.

As for putting pure Haste gems in all of my gear, that I've never seen for DPS; obviously it's different for Restoration, though.

+ Reply to Thread