+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Paladin Tank needs some gear planning pointers

New Paladin Tank needs some gear planning pointers

Hi. I recently leveled a Paladin to 80 and have been really enjoying tanking with her.

I'll start pugging ToC this week, but due to time restraints I think I won't have acces to Emblems of Frost besides those from the daily heroics and weekly raids, so I wanted some advice on how to spend them.

I'm currently planning to go for the trinket, belt and cloak before I start thinking about the tier gear. I really dislike my Ick's Rotting Thumb and while I should soon be able to get the Glyph of Indomitability I know that's a situational trinket. I've been farming The Black Heart but with no luck and since the Emblems of Trimph are still very useful to me I prefer running heroics at the moment, but try to run regular ToC5 at least once a day for it. Would you agree with getting the trinket, belt and cloak first or should I be saving the badges for the tier set?

My other question would be how far you think I am from being able to tank Toravon and what drops I should farm for it. I'm happy with my threat but I know that although the mechanics of the fight are very simple the tanks take heavy damage in it.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...naros&cn=Imaza

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Glyph of Indomitability isn't really a situational trinket. It's fantastic most of the time, you'll want to swap it out for a stam trinket for magic-heavy fights but that's about it.

Between the Crab, BH, and Glyph I'd say you're fine on trinkets for your purposes. Both the cloak and the belt, though, are tremendous upgrades. I would go for the belt first, followed by the cloak.

You are definitely geared enough to handle VoA. Just throw up frost resist aura, maybe burn a cooldown if the other tank is lazy about taunting, really it's cake even in your current gear. It would help if you had two stam trinkets but if you don't want to spend any more time farming BH then that's fine.

Your spec and glyphs look good, you're using a few agi/stam gems and an agility enchant on your weapon, you're over the defense minimum and have a decent health pool - I'd say you're doing fine. I agree that Ick's needs to go, that's about it.

+ Reply to Thread