+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bears and hit - how important?

Bears and hit - how important?

As I have been upgrading my tier 9 gear to tier 10, I have been losing hit. This is not a surprise, we all know it was happening. But I am pretty much at the make or break section of gear replacement. Also, I switch glyphs from Maul to Growl on Saurfang and on other bosses where hitting growl is important.

I currently do not have access to the Sack of Wonder. I have seen it once on the AH and I do not have the gold for the 30K asking price. By and large, I have access to normal 10-man gear, no hard modes. ICC through Rotface is on farm atm.

So, in that situation, how important is hit? Important enough that if a given piece is an upgrade, that hit enchant and gems are worth considering until I can get access to gear that has hit on it? Or should I not worry about it for now?

I think the question you need to ask first before you ask "do I need hit" is "do I have threat issues". If you aren't having threat issues, than hit really isn't a priority. Taunt is the only thing I'd be worried about, but if your glyphing taunt already that solves that issues.

So if your having threat problems, maybe get a little more hit, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it much.

No threat problems. I do about 6 to 8K tps and am well ahead of the dps.

I may have this wrong but I thought the glyph of growl took you from melee hit cap to spell hit cap. So, if you are not melee hit capped, does the Glyph still make up enough?

But the main question is, how important is hit in this scenario? Obviously missing a taunt on Saurfang can be bad, but anywhere else a problem?

Hi Corrin,

As Portohouse said, Without aggro problem, you dont need hit exept for taunt

"But the main question is, how important is hit in this scenario? Obviously missing a taunt on Saurfang can be bad, but anywhere else a problem? "
    Missing a taunt on Saurfang is really not that bad, i'm not hit cap and I have missed a couple and it never cause a wipe or anything really.
    Missing a taunt on Festergut or Putricide in phase 3, now this is bad but you have to get really unlucky to miss it twice since you have your roar that give your taunt time to get out of cooldown and use it again. So basically you need to miss 2 taunt to be in a real problem. With the glyph it probably will never happen and if it does it's only a wipe.

Now if you're on Heroic mode, you dont want those kind of problem, but once your there you will probably have the hit for it.

Hope it helps

Spirithooff/alexstrasza/US

+ Reply to Thread