+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Raid -- Lady Raiders

My guild's best rogue is a grrl. She kicks ass.

I have noticed a tendency towards healing or caster classes among the female players on our guild. But I think that's just a general preference, not an indication of capability.

None of them whine.

My main toon (and most of my alts are female) although I'm a guy. When I went to roll my first toon, I looked at the males first, cringed because I hated the models, and rolled a female toon. For me, it was about being able to identify with the toon I'm driving around, about caring about it in an RP kinda way, and I can't identify with a toon I think looks ugly.

This was fun! Entirely too cold in that room, though. I don't personally play a tank, but we have a feral druid who tanks occasionally (most times she's one of our top dps) now and in my last guild our MT was female for 1-2 years. I was an officer in that guid and there's still one female officer there.

I still haven't got through the whole thing yet since I tend to pause when I stop wanting to hear myself talk. :P

I may raid as a healer but I've got 4 80 dps alts that I dick around with to decompress afterward. Just because we lean towards one style of play doesn't mean we don't enjoy the other aspects of the game.

it was most definitely a Fun Experience. I play a Prot Warrior. Maybe next time Aristotle can make an appearance (since he kept interrupting me ).

He's a pretty awesome doggy. Unfortunately he was barricaded in for most of Lil and my interviews till he escaped for a brief moment.

I've had mixed results raiding with girls and I really think that girls can be just as good at playing this game as they are at making sandwiches. The hardest time I have with girls is kicking the bad ones out of my guild. Its just in my nature to protect them and be friendly with them and I have a very hard time saying what needs to be said. For this reason I feel I will put up with a sub par girl player longer than I would a sub par male player. That isn't to say all girls are bad it's just poor leadership on my part that I would put up with a bad player because of their lady lumps. In all honesty I like having girls in my guild... They bring different perspective to raids and a freshness that help keep raids going.

PS: I was kidding about the sandwiches. <3

Great hearing from you ladies. Our guild has taken a been taking a more progressive stance for a while and bringing the girls into guild leadership with everyone else. One of our top DPS, Mordsith (Enh main/Resto off) is also our recruitment Officer, as well as one of the bright spots of our entire guild. She is also an Army reservist and could prolly kick most of the guys large, chair glued, asses.

Great vid!
    The Pwnstar Puddin, Now in a Fun Sized Goblin Shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnanapuddin View Post
    ...Our guild has taken a been taking a more progressive stance for a while and bringing the girls into guild leadership with everyone else...
    IMO groups just seem to work better when it's a mix of men and women. I know the testosterone would get out of control if all our officers were male.

good interview turtle.

To Ture: About the guys playing a female character. I have a Female BE Priest which I play because to me its weird to play a male char that wears a dress. But just to clarify to anyone whos not sure .... yes you do get free things for being a female. 200gold is the highest so far

Quote Originally Posted by Svarogg View Post
    To Ture: About the guys playing a female character. I have a Female BE Priest which I play because to me its weird to play a male char that wears a dress. But just to clarify to anyone whos not sure .... yes you do get free things for being a female. 200gold is the highest so far

I think you would have to invite gifts to receive them.

My first guild was all female characters for most of the server's lifespan. Obviously many of them were not women irl, but a surprisingly large number were.

I think with all abuses of... situation... you'd have to be open for it to happen to "benefit" from it.

If you don't go around looking for free stuff you're not going to be bothered with being offered it.

I am a female healer. My first character was a rogue and I just lost interest, so I made a shadow priest. I changed to holy to be more useful in my guild. I am duel spec and going to retrain from shadow to disc, so I can get back into dps. I also have a tank, but she is just more for fun, to get out my healing frustrations as she is a bit of a pussy and needs to work on gear.
    Good video, Tankspot and youtube videos get me through tuesdays downtime. Keep em coming.

I am more the motherly type and give stuff and help out my guildies and friends. I have recieved random things from people, but so has my male character. I don't really like my male rogue too much, everyone thinks i'm gay. haha

I had so much great footage for this piece that I am considering putting up the longer version because it is so interesting. Curse YouTube for it's time limit ! You missed hearing incredible things like each of the gal's gaming history, newb stories, and other such goodies. I personally liked Ishonbu talking about Vanilla WoW, "drunken raids", AQ quirks, Old Ironforge, and more. Then there was Ture being accosted by Aristotle (the dog)...to which that concluding comment was directed (I know i know...out of context but I had to!). Ibiza had some great quotes too that I was so sad to cut out ("melting faces off", and a polar comparison of the Warlock and Druid classes). Aliissa, of course, was constantly charming with her English, stories about her Paladin tank and experiences concerning what it's like bringing relationships in-game into RL (Ishonbu too!). All so very fascinating to me!

Thank you ladies, for your courage and honesty. Had a blast!
    The Raid - A feature length documentary following the lives of a group of virtual raiders.

Man, these dudes sure look like women, but I remember hearing women don't play WoW.
    Way to destroy the stereotype Kev.
    Source: Ciderhelm
    HE FILLED OUT IT OUT I DONT CARES IF IT TERRIBLE TAKE ITttt

Ibiza is my personal sandwich maker.

Nice interviews ladies! It was funny hearing Ishonbu mention about not being able to raid as Feral in vanilla, particularly because in our guild that was not the case, we allowed feral druids, even if they were gimp.

I'm gonna throw a major taboo out here and ask...what about gay gamers? We have at least 3 confirmed in my guild (myself being one of them), and, based on raid chat, several who are questionable. Most people in my guild are really cool with it, and even sometimes censor what they say if I'm in Vent. New guildies, however, often get foot-in-mouth syndrome until they learn more about myself and my fellow gays.

I feel like gay gamers deal with a lot of the same types of bullshit that female gamers might have to deal with (in different ways of course). Granted, being out is a personal choice, but I couldn't raid 5 nights a week with people who didn't know or understand that about me. Like a few of the interviewed ladies said, you have to have fairly thick skin in that respect.

I think it would be interesting to hear from folks if you have any gay raiders in your guilds and, if so, what their experience seems to be.

In reference to the lady gamers, I say keep doing what you're doing. I agree with many of the above posts that encourage that balance in a raid guild. We had a few more female players in our guild a few months ago, but some moved on. The couple we still have are some of our best!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishonbu View Post
    I think you would have to invite gifts to receive them.
    Not true at all -- I haven't done it in WoW, but I played a female toon in SW:G, and received quite a bit of special treatment, and no small amount of gifts/assistance from players that assumed I was female, without any prompting (and in some cases despite frequent refusals).

And before anyone asks, no, I didn't play the female toon in order to get the free stuff, or for the feeble excuse of staring at a female toon's posterior... I did it as an experiment to see if I could be convincing as a female. I never once claimed to be female, or denied being male -- but I intentionally avoided comments or rephrased them to avoid making it apparent I was male (and at times creatively phrased things in order to exploit connotations that may imply I was female). In the end, the crowning moment of the experiment was when one of the people I frequently played with blatantly asked my RL gender, to settle a debate between himself and another friend -- by the end of their debate, each of them had actually convinced the other that I was the opposite gender of what they'd originally believed, so that the debate ended with the two of them still disagreeing, but in the opposite position from which they started... They were forced to ask me in order to settle the debate once and for all.
    I'm a tank. I like the beatings.

Lady Raiders are just as common as your average raider. I enjoyed this vid not cause it was girls but because it was real life people talking about raiding. I dont think they should get better treatment and they def should not have to prove themselves just cause they are girls. IMO girl healers are the best because they tend to overheal. That's a good thing 99% of the time. Im sure they had fun making this vid annd props to the people that worked hard making this vid. Just take the focus off the fact that they are girls, I guess sex sells but if this vid was just called"real life raiders' would just as many people watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzer View Post
    Ibiza is my personal sandwich maker.
    It's sammich, Kanzer. Gawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Verg View Post
    I'm gonna throw a major taboo out here and ask...what about gay gamers? We have at least 3 confirmed in my guild (myself being one of them), and, based on raid chat, several who are questionable. Most people in my guild are really cool with it, and even sometimes censor what they say if I'm in Vent. New guildies, however, often get foot-in-mouth syndrome until they learn more about myself and my fellow gays.

I feel like gay gamers deal with a lot of the same types of bullshit that female gamers might have to deal with (in different ways of course). Granted, being out is a personal choice, but I couldn't raid 5 nights a week with people who didn't know or understand that about me. Like a few of the interviewed ladies said, you have to have fairly thick skin in that respect.

I think it would be interesting to hear from folks if you have any gay raiders in your guilds and, if so, what their experience seems to be.

In reference to the lady gamers, I say keep doing what you're doing. I agree with many of the above posts that encourage that balance in a raid guild. We had a few more female players in our guild a few months ago, but some moved on. The couple we still have are some of our best!
    We have all types of raiders on our server, but for the most part, I feel the LGBT players tend to keep it to themselves even within a guild setting.

+ Reply to Thread