+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raid -- Lady Raiders

The Raid -- Lady Raiders

Turelliax Drinking Game: every time she touches her hair, take a shot.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Great video! Turelliax is the best at interviews

aliissa Soo French :P
    im in love :P hahahaha

anyone else get bothered by that one lady's head leaning? I just wanted to scream on vent, Get your head on straight!

All of them were very clear and well spoken. Although i definitely foresee them having a couple terms explained otherwise some things wont make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrekgar View Post
    anyone else get bothered by that one lady's head leaning? I just wanted to scream on vent, Get your head on straight!

All of them were very clear and well spoken. Although i definitely foresee them having a couple terms explained otherwise some things wont make sense.
    I was just thinking about that. Might have to edit in like "DPS means damage over time" and such if it's going to be more non-WoW terminology crowd oriented if that makes any sense.

Haha. I didn't even realize it was leaning like that. My eyes are really sensitive to bright light and it was pointed right at me =/

Haha, I felt a bit nerded out by the interview even though I knew what they were talking bout.
    “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

LOL, don't worry about it Ibiza - thanks for giving your time and thoughts.

Much love to our female raiders!

I love watching interviews with raiders, especially when they start using the jargon and talking about old raiding experiences. It makes for a great sense of community.

I have always found that you have to perform just a little bit better as a female tank to be taken seriously than a male tank. Anyone else?

I've found that as well Surreal. Although they usually don't think I'm a girl since I play a NE....they usually assume I'm some guy who just likes staring at my toon.....

Great interviews!

Ibiza, I didn't even notice the head lean. So don't worry about it.

Speaking for myself, women have made my community and WoW experience way more enjoyable. I'm glad that the game is female friendly to some extent.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

Interesting. I've been playing MMOs for about 7 years and I've honestly never really noticed a difference between male and female skill or other, through FFXI and WoW.

I've come across both men and women who get offended by excessive inappropriateness and the same ratio that are even a little too inappropriate for myself.

I think the only major difference I've noticed between males and females in games is that females tend to worry a little more about their performance, whereas males are a little more confident. Unfortunately, most of the latter are misguided in their confidence. However, that may just be a product of there being less females to come across.

I went through my guild's list of raiders and we're about 20% female. Thinking back on FFXI, the ratio was similar there too.

I really liked this episode, as I did the ones before.

I am playing on a German RP-server as a guild- and raidleader. I also maintank everything for our small, casual guild. We have about fourgirls with us in our core group of raiders (we only do 10 mans), who do all sorts of roles. My girlfriend is our best healer, another girl is one of our top-dps and two other ones tried tanking and dpsing. Nevertheless I experienced a certain bias towards healing classes for most girls I got to know in WOW.

A while ago I had to writen an essay on gender in WOW and did a bit of research. I stumbled across things like http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2008/1...ender-and-wow/. They try to give some figures on what differences female and male players have in their choice of races and class, I found it rather interesting (even though the results may not be representative). As I said before female players seem to prefer the healing classes and try to avoid the tanking ones, but I also know people who do not adhere to these stereotypes. The (now former?) maintank of our server's best raid (got about 95% of all firstkills since MC I think) used to be a really nice girl that I've been to instances with, and she tanked damn good (in case you read this, strongbow: enjoyed going to UBRS with you, it was always a pleasure).

I do not think that there is a difference in skill involved at all, I think it only depends on how much time and effort you put into your character (and maybe a bit of talent, but that is not gender-specific).

Good Episode. Im really anxious to see the final result of this whole project.

As far as women in raiding. We are a semi-serious raiding guild (working icc 25 progression) and of our current 25 man roster, we have 12 women who raid with us. To be completely honest i think the raids would be utterly boring without the ladies. I dont really agree with the whole women are dealing with the male ego in a male dominated world thing. When it comes to some of the more mature areas of joking, women far out-weigh men in "dirtyness." Being an adult only guild, we have plenty of situations in vent, where a snappy comment from a woman has left one of our male raiders speechless.

Its a good mix to have half our raiders being women. Wouldnt imagine raiding any other way.

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the great interviews! As far as being gender biased goes, I assume everyone is male unless I hear them on vent. A great raider is a great raider period. The best healer in my guild is a lady, and also happens to be my gf (lucky me), so I don't doubt girl power. We make stereotypes to be broken!
    The best way out is always through!
    Eraser - Ragnarok - 10 Man Strict - Gundrak Server

Very well presented ladies. Specially you, Ture. Excellent!

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Nice interview!

I'm a female raider (and the guildleader/raidleader) of a hardmode oriented guild on US-Stormrage. I am almost always met with disbelief/skepticism about my gender and my role in the guild, which has been very successful throughout TBC and Wrath. Add to this the details that I play a rogue - a female dwarf rogue too - and people are just totally thrown for a loop. We've always had a healthy number of female raiders in our guild and they've been many of the best on the roster. When we killed KJ pre-nerfbat, we had 7 women on the roster and no, not all of them healers. Sure, most of the girls who play wow do play healers, but right now we have two female rogues who each have alt tanks! Our strongest ranged dps (a monster moonkin) is played by a woman too. Sure, you see the steriotype of the whiney, attention-seeking girl occasionally, but what people seem to forget is that this behavior is rampent among the men who play too! I'm with these ladies - judge us on our skill at the game, many of us will probably surprise you!

+ Reply to Thread