+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ret Pally need to up my dps

Ret Pally need to up my dps

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Dixenprime

Can anyone explain to me what i'm doing wrong and how I can improve myself

Without knowing your dps rotation, many things jumped out at me.

You're at 499 hit rating, the cap is 263. Get rid of that Hit trinket and get a Mirror of Truth. ilvl =/= automatically better. If you have the gold or time put together the Darkmoon Card: Greatness +90 str deck. DM:G is one of the best trinkets in the game, and is still good through ICC.

Your meta gem is awful. Replace it with a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41398). You're going to need to get a Nightmare Tear (+10 all stats) to activate it. I'd stick the Nightmare tear in a blue socket that would give you a Str bonus. The Nightmare Tear will also activate the Meta gem, so you can replace the +20 crit gem in your legs and the +10 str +10 hit gem in your boots. The Armory might be wrong, it's not showing a gem in your cloak.

Keep working in Ebon Blade and Sons of Hodir rep for the head and shoulder enchants. You can buy rep tokens with Emblems of Triumph to speed up the process. Get a Icescale Leg Armor kit and slap it on your legs plates (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=50967). Get rid of the +100 ap on your axe and replace it with the Berserking Enchant. Level up your Blacksmithing so you can place extra sockets in your gloves and bracers. You have maxed out mining, so gathering mats will be easier and cheaper, if more time consuming.

Your Major Glyphs all need to be replaced. You want Glyph of Judgement (+10% damage to Judgements), Glyph of Seal of Vengeance (+10 Expertise when SoV is active, that would put you 1 point short of soft capping expertise), and Glyph of Consecrate (+2 seconds on the duration and cooldown of Consecrate). A lot of people question the Consecrate glpyh, it saves you mana by making Consecrate last longer, and much more importantly will clear up many GCD clash issues.

If you get a moment, can you type up what your Ability rotation and priority system is?
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...ere the sun rises! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

Concecrate. Judgement. Crusader strike. If art of war is up I use exorcism if not then divine storm.
    I wedge holy wrath after concecrate if I'm fighting demons or
    undeads thanks for the help I really needed it anything else?

Your rotation is off.

For you, since you have 2pcT9: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
    Once you get 2pcT10 it changes to: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...ere the sun rises! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

Awesome i've started changing this but the trinket is what I really need

+ Reply to Thread