+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starcraft II -- Wings of Liberty Protoss Units

Lack of queue'ing with Warp Gates can be a good reminder of how to efficiently spend resources. Even if there are 5 slots for a queue, if you are using 3 or more of those slots, that usually means you should have another production building instead.
    Everything is FABULOUS with warrior tanks again.

I've always been a Terran fan in Starcraft so I'm going to have to say I want to see some ghosts nuking someone!!!!

ghost nukes are awesome, they're fun, and they're a lot cheaper than before, but they also aren't as devastating =T

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm sort of leaning towards Zerg myself. I know roaches are OP right now, and it overshadows the awesomeness of later tier units. What's really strange is that Zerg don't need many hatcheries - the Queen can bounce between the main and expansion and chain spawn larva almost continuously. Only drawback is that with all unit production centralized, losing a hatchery is devastating. Also wanted to point out Ultralisks - 600HP and 75 upgraded damage vs buildings. Wow.

Roaches are not OP.

Massed Roaches will kill any T1 units fairly easily. That doesn't make them OP though.

Yeah the "problem" with Roaches is just that most players haven't figured out:

1) Early/constant scouting
    2) The counter for their chosen race (Protoss in particular has a few options)

I suspect we'll see a Roach nerf at some point just so lower-tier games don't become "Whoever picks Zerg and builds lots of Roaches first wins" as those players aren't likely to pick up on things. It could be that their introductory "challenge mode" will teach players to scout though, which makes Roaches pretty tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I haven't found it very difficult to micro the warpgates. You can press W to select all of them if you hadn't noticed.

Besides, the speed they warp in units (it's 10 seconds faster) means that even if you spend like 20 seconds not warping anything in, you're still saving time over the 2 units you could have queued (and spent 60+ seconds waiting on).
    Warp Gates also prevent you from getting into the bad habit of queueing up units and therefore giving you the illusion of good macro. (High money = wasted money, queueing up units = extra gateway/warpgates generally)

Hi Lore,

I am also on the SC2 beta as Caenn.Caenn if you want to add me to your friends list lol it can get boring only playing 1v1. I too am primarily a toss player. Roaches are really only super effective against toss as most terran players tend to wall. However immortals, sentries with zlots, or speed dark templars are all easy counters for these units, as well as placing a few cannons near your choke. Either way i enjoy watching your series and would actually prefer to see terran over zerg.

As for warpgate over gateway unless you are using the build 2 gateways in the center zlot rush strat for toss on toss a good toss player should always go warpgate. You can use your chrono boost to speed up the cool down on the warp in for an fyi.

Hope to see you on bnet,

Caenn

For some reason every time I go random I draw zerg. I still don't know that much about optimal unit comps, so I just tend to build a mix of ground units, with the occasional mass mutas. I found corruptors a little weak, but brood lords are very powerul. And I'm always limited by gas and have extra minerals lying around almost all the time. I also try not to build too many roaches and get stuck in lower tiers for too long. They do a lot of damage, but I still <3 hydras.

My handle is Odin.kaminari if you wanna meet up or something.

long time SC player, hoping to see the Zerg since blizzard has shafted us on that info

Hello I have the beta too Can you add me as a Friend and maybe give me some lessons on vent on how to play protoss. My name is Kiaos.zenthos .

I've been spam visiting tankspot the last couple of days because i wanna see more of your SC2 (and Wow) movies how often are you posting a starcraft movie?

For SC2 replays with good commentary, head over to http://www.youtube.com/user/SC2GGRise
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwx77 View Post
    I've been spam visiting tankspot the last couple of days because i wanna see more of your SC2 (and Wow) movies how often are you posting a starcraft movie?
    He says in the first 15 seconds of the video that his Starcraft videos are biweekly.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

I'd like to see Zerg next personally the units look cooler. Yes also including the building changes would be wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread