+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft II -- Wings of Liberty Protoss Units

Starcraft II -- Wings of Liberty Protoss Units

I would really appreciate a Terran overview next! Thanks Lore! These vids are awesome, especially for someone not in the Beta, but looking forward to the release.

I would have said Terran but Zerg look amazing art-wise in this video, so I'd like to see more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I would have said Terran but Zerg look amazing art-wise in this video, so I'd like to see more of them.
    I'd have to agree with you on that Cider.

Zerg do look amazing, just never really liked them myself. Just a opinion thing.

I may have to pick this game up when its available. I really like the look of it. Seems like the UI may be a little to large. Is there a way to alter that so you have more battle field view? or is that hard coded?

I originally started PC gaming with the original command and conquer. I played it through several expansions up to Yuri's Revenge, at which point the PvP online play was dominated by hacks which made it unplayable.

I'm assuming there are anit-hack checks implemented for this though?

Anyway thanks for sharing Lore.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

The donor link points to the wrong video.

I believe in SC2 that the max amount of Interceptors was 8, so if you said that the maximum was reduced to 8...
    "In Soviet Russia, RAGE needs YOU!"
    "Even with Titan's Grip, it still takes two hands!"

Id like to see a Terran Video

I was playing around with zerg over the weekend, and I do have to say that they look excellent. Havent had a chance to play with terran or protoss yet (will soon), but zerg definately have the organic thing down. This is especially true for their new building animations and the queen.

Zerg next please.

Zerg, just because they had gotten the least coverage for so long on the StarCraft site.

I would like to see a zerg video

Zerg. I wanna know their weaknesses!
    "If the tank dies, it's the healers fault. If the healer dies, it's the tanks fault. If the dps dies, it's their own damn fault!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titangrip View Post
    I believe in SC2 that the max amount of Interceptors was 8, so if you said that the maximum was reduced to 8...
    true, always was 8

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
    Zerg do look amazing, just never really liked them myself. Just a opinion thing.
    They look nice if you can see them, makes it hard to play when I have to go on a treasure hunt to find some specific unit amongs the big brown mass, especially when they're standing on creep and amongst zerg buildings.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Lore, what's your take on Warpgate vs. Gateway.

I've only recently started upgrading to warpgates, and although i like the "instant" warping of units, I find not being able to queue up units a big problem to me. I guess maybe when micro'ing turn on warpgates and being on the offensive to port in units faster, but when macro'ing switch back to gateways?>

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Lore, what's your take on Warpgate vs. Gateway.

I've only recently started upgrading to warpgates, and although i like the "instant" warping of units, I find not being able to queue up units a big problem to me. I guess maybe when micro'ing turn on warpgates and being on the offensive to port in units faster, but when macro'ing switch back to gateways?>
    I haven't found it very difficult to micro the warpgates. You can press W to select all of them if you hadn't noticed.

Besides, the speed they warp in units (it's 10 seconds faster) means that even if you spend like 20 seconds not warping anything in, you're still saving time over the 2 units you could have queued (and spent 60+ seconds waiting on).

true, i guess warp gates are the key and i need to just keep watch over them

incoming twitch.

and W? wtf i've been binding all my gates to 5 =P

Could we see Zerg next? im new to Starcraft and planning on picking those up. Or perhaps you could cover protoss buildings/upgrades?
    Last edited by jacobwx77; 03-10-2010 at 07:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread