+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What makes you happy healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    I had a Paladin healer cast Beacon and Shield on me just as the first boss to H. HoL aggroed. Of course, I had placed my DnD down in his anticipated path, which was altered by the change of aggro. So he and the other two adds ran right past me and straight for the healer. I managed to get a Blood Boil off and taunt the boss, but the healer was dead before I could do much. But, being a Blood DK, I killed the boss with the DPS without so much as a scary moment.
    Healing on my Pally I can safely say I've never aggro'd anything with Beacon or Shield; sure he didn't cast Judgment of Light too early.

60k+ Holy Lights on Valithria. That is all.

The one thing that makes me happy as a healer is when people are smart enough to use the defensive cool downs they have. Most dps are to focused on the meter hump to use that ability to keep them alive. Most tanks are so worried about threat numbers (which usually they are so ridiculously ahead on anyway) to pay attention as well.

If your a player in my guild that uses those abilities then my god I loves you.

I have seen good ones here. i have learned (( being a tank for a long time)) that healers are important, an you don't wanna make em mad.

When Tanks are smart enough to watch my pretty blue bar
    Out healing those so called uber healers, who think they need to tell me what to do.

My Toon, i chose the class, you haven't died. and my mana is full

Lets kill some stuffs
    I AM WARRIOR.Where others would hide I will stand and fight. And I will win.

What makes me happy as a healer? That's pretty simple. When the toons being played know what to do. I can usually heal through a mediocre tank, and DPS, provided they are not standing in "-insert something deadly under their feet here-" and know at least how to play their class.

What makes me unhappy? DKs who think they are invulnerable.

Cheers

Bael

Doing Putricide, watching him shoot the ooze balls at people, and watching them dodge them.
    In ICC, non-healers have just as much to do with healing as the healers do. Not getting hit by oozes, keeping your sindragosa stacks off, not standing in fire, that sort of thing. If there's something you can avoid that hits for 10k, and you avoid it, you just saved the healer from having to heal you for 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcomrade View Post
    Not getting hit by oozes, keeping your sindragosa stacks off, not standing in fire, that sort of thing. If there's something you can avoid that hits for 10k, and you avoid it, you just saved the healer from having to heal you for 10k.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Healing on my Pally I can safely say I've never aggro'd anything with Beacon or Shield; sure he didn't cast Judgment of Light too early.
    Then you're a lucky paladin? I have a Paladin healer too. ANY buff that you cast on someone will cause a slight bit of aggro. This aggro is extremely minimal and any amount of damage would pretty much override it, but buffs can and will override pull aggro. I hadn't taunted the general, he had simply come withing proximity range. As he did so, he aggroed, the Paladin healer cast Beacon and Shield, and the general managed to run in a very small strip that my DnD hadn't covered, he must have crit on the Paladin because that sucker went down before I even had a chance to digest what had just occurred. My Paladin has gotten aggro on pulls on several occasions when I've been forced to refresh the spells on a tank that never stops.

California.....I spend my time trolling other people's interwebz!
    Let's see, what do I like as a healer..... well, tanks that watch my mana bar half as close as I watch their health bars. DK's who are not....."special". Any dps who can and will use defensive CD's to save themselves. When some of the best healers on our server have complimented me in a pug raid on how well I handled something *blush*.

And as for stuff that makes me nerd rage..... blood dk's thinking they can tank....keep thinking, right until the point that you die and I leave. Dps that tell me my job is to save them when they can't move out of (insert something here). Being asked for a intellect buff >_<. And lastly, having to carry ebayed characters through anything.

I like it when the tank says it wasn't the healers fault if the dps blame the healers (like they always do) and don't shout at the healer.
    Stokbrood from <Bomen zijn Relaxed> -- 80 Blood Elf Holy Paladin -- Bloodscalp
    Kruidenboter from <Bomen zijn Relaxed> -- 80 Blood Elf Holy Priest -- Bloodscalp

Quote Originally Posted by Dammagessuk View Post
    blood dk's thinking they can tank....keep thinking, right until the point that you die and I leave. Dps that tell me my job is to save them when they can't move out of (insert something here). Being asked for a intellect buff >_<. And lastly, having to carry ebayed characters through anything.
    Blood Presence DKs? Or Blood spec? Blood spec is a viable tanking spec (if it is done correctly) and is arguably the best tanking spec for DKs right now (Frost is still more fun! >.>)

Maybe you've just had some bad experience Blood DKs?

I love when tank doesn't take aggro from the obvious pull from a DPS and I can let him die.
    Just for the comparison: I love when healers don't heal the obvious pull from a DPS when I let him tank it.

And a question: Do healers enjoy seeing tank yelling cooldown uses? I do.

Yesterday late at night I did my daily frost badge grind on my priest.

HoS came up.
    The first mob group was down.
    The previous healer had jumped ship.

I'm completely decked in ilvl264 T10 equivalent and Disc.

The tank couldn't hold aggro.
    DPS was all over the place.
    They were complete newbies.
    That's what I call A CHALLENGE!

I lost a rogue to the beam thingie during the event.
    I lost 2 melee DPS and nearly the tank on the stone giant(you know how; I had anticipated that and liberally applied shields; the tank survived with 1k health)
    I even went OOMish on trash pulls.

Small wonder the previous healer jumped ship ASAP. No other healer except a highly competent Disc priest could have ever gotten that group thru that instance. If I had lazily switched to Holy I would have had a lot more corpses. PW: S actually saved a lot of lives on that run.

That made me happy.

It must be silly week. Since it was far too late I didn't want to tank on my warrior, so I joined as Fury. The pally tank couldn't hold aggro against me and lost all mobs except one after a WW.
    So, I ran the instance as Fury in my T10 tanking gear. Weird, but fun.
    Turns out the pally hadn't turned his "Rawr! Ima tank now" self buff. Whatever it is.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    I like compliments.
    ^This.

I like when tanks wait for me to loot before running off in heroics.

I like healing difficult encounters and the relief and elation I feel when we complete them.

I now like when I join something and people don't say "A pally healer? Nothx" and jump ship. One jumps they all jump and it's back to a que for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    When I'm the healer, I like when the Tank waits for me, as I'm not always running, running, running. I appreciate fast runs, sure, but I also appreciate considerate tanks who pay attention to the healer.

^^^^This!!!!!^^^^ Nothing more annoying than an inconsiderate inattentive walking epeen playing at tanking.

I had a "nice" conversation in Vent this sunday.

I have joined an inadequate raid for 10 man ICC for easy frost badges for my disc priest. On wednesday we only had 2 healers and DPS was lacking so we only cleared 4 bosses and even managed to wipe on DBS because one of the adds killed a healer(me). So it's a very substandard raid and I won't stay.

On sunday we wanted to continue the ID and truthfully, I wasn't looking forward to it. We were one healer short(by my reckoning we needed 3) and they could only get another priest.
    The raidleader was ranting how we would have a wipe fest with 3 priest healers and frankly, I was annoyed with that. I didn't speak up because any excuse that got me out of there was welcome.

After the raid was cancelled I told him what I thought about 3 priest healers equalling a wipe fest. And he told me that he needed a reason to cancel the raid. He also told me that he reckoned that between me and the other priest we could have gotten all the way to the LK since I am the best Disc priest he ever met, but with the DPS we had that evening we wouldn't have gotten anywhere. He didn't want to tell them that and he knew I would understand. So he applied trade channel logic.

I like devious, macchiavellian leadership
    I also like hidden praise. Even if it is complete and utter BS

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I've done heroics and raids from each perspective. If dps complained that they died on a pull, and I'm tanking...it usually means they hit it first (unless it's a well geared dps that when they pull aggro they're hitting the thing harder than it hits them) in which case I'm not going to waste a taunt to save them. I gear myself as a tank with this in mind "if I was healing on my shammy, would I want to heal me?" Healing well geared tanks is pretty boring, so I usually end up dpsing things, doing a /dance, or just sending whispers to my gf or other friends, or watching tv. Sure I may have this super high effective health and know when to pop my CDs, but if I don't have a healer there backing me up, I am toast. I love disc priests and shammies the most out of all the healing classes, it seems to work with how I take damage as a warrior (a bubble to negate part of a hit or an earthshield to recover damage taken on a hit.) At the end of the day, my life and repair bill are in the hands of the healers. Generally dps don't want to spec into something that might make healing easier (i.e. they slow a blood beast or they can re-direct threat to a tank) because they're more worried about topping the meters than anything else. I try to praise healers as much as I can, I've walked a mile in their shoes. If a situation goes bad either I as a tank or you as a healer take the blame for something that is mostly the fault of the dps. As a tank, my mentality is that if something so much as gives my healers a funny look, I'm well within my rights to break its fingers or sever its spine.

I like it when people notice when I do something that really changed the tone of the fight ("Nice save!"). I like it when people don't judge healers by meters alone. I like it when people compliment healers at least as equally as they do the dps. I like it when tanks feel protective of me. I like it when people keep an eye on my mana bar in randoms, even though I'm perfectly happy to keep going at 50% because it's not really an issue and I can fiend when needed. I like it when people try their best to avoid the damage that they can. I enjoy feeling appreciated - but everyone likes that

I like it when my tank deals with my panic. I at least have the grace not to panic over Vent, but being in the same room as my warrior tank means that on Rotface when "FRT#%R##$ TWO HEALERS HAVE THE OOZES AND THE PALLY IS IN THE SLIME AND WE CAN'T GET TO THEM AND AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" he'll just announce over Vent "popping Shield Wall" and let me finish running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

+ Reply to Thread