+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What makes you happy healers?

I like when tanks balance their avoidance and health; for example, I can't stand healing bears with 60K health and <30% dodge in a ToC...

I like when my tanks pay attention to line of sight, and if I notice a tricky spot and you succeed in keeping me within LoS, you will receive an earnest thank you!

I enjoy going on a run with someone new, and having them ask how we lived through it, and having the tank say "Because we have an awesome healer" everyone enjoy's people recognizing when someone just pulled their butts out of a jam.

I can tell you, what seriously p!"§? me off.

Yesterday in HoL just after Ionar a mage decided it was cool to pull the two golems just before the HoL Room of Death. The pally tank was busy looting trash waaay over there and I was currently topping everybody off. So, yep, I had aggro of those two stone thingies. I barely survived with Pain Suppression, PW:S and heal spamming myself, so I was pretty ticked of.

That mage didn't receive a single heal from me for the rest of the instance. Including Loken.

Now, why was I really ticked off, I hear you not ask?

That #$%&! DIDN'T DIE! At first he regularly get a Prayer of Mending. So I stopped using that. I didn't use any group heals no more. Still he didn't die! Even when I thought he would snuff it for being so naughty, he got a heal. CURSE YOU ALTHORS ABACUS! He survived every fight and lived to eat his conjured stuff. I mean, a 10k+ healing crit with an Aegis to add insult to injury is way too much. The procc CD is way too short.

So I had some hope for Loken's assistance in my plotting for that mages demise. No dice. Again Althor's Abacus robbed me of my vengeance. I need Life Grip(aka YOINK!) so I can punish the guilty. Blizzard owes me that one for the mean tricks they played on me with Althor's Abacus.

I left without even rolling on loot and without saying a word.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I tried to revenge-kill my boyfriend's warlock once... not-healing an AFFLICTION WARLOCK gets you absolutely nowhere. It will just make your life miserable from not being able to CH without risking healing them

We need life grip so we can pull them into harms way while we rocketboot to safety.

I just rummaged thru my engineering stuff if I could find ways to kill my own party. Found none. Pity. Where's the fun in that?
    Why is it that healers being the masters over life and death only get to play out the life ascpect of this?

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

As a relatively new player, and even newer priest:

I enjoy: Teaching new people about there class and various aspects of the game.
    I enjoy: Challenge, not stupid people creating a challenge but an honest challenge.
    I enjoy: Running old content, idc how many times I run Mara, BRD, Ramps, or HoS / HoL (they are the same sorta) I just love those instances.
    I enjoy: Team work.
    I enjoy: When I zone in and am greeted by a trade window with 20 water in it.
    I enjoy: When everyone in the group actually cares and tries 100%.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

what would be a cool spell, draining health from one player to give to another. would be awesome for punishing ppl.

Mael, that reminds me of a time i had a dk in heroic hol that was under 200 dps. I was able to out dps him while healing and after a while it was just more mana efficient to dps rather than heal him. I tried to get him to up his dps (he had over a 4k gs) he decided to be insulting so when i stopped healing him he died a few times. cause he was a jerk and a crappy dps I didnt even res him, he died 5 times and not once did i heal him or rez him. very satisfying. the rest of the party was laughing their heads off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post

That #$%&! DIDN'T DIE!
    I rarely get irritated enough to not heal someone (and I can count the times on my two hands), but when it does happen this always seems to be the case. The trimmings always seem to feed out to them somehow, whether it be PoM or Wild Growth, it's always enough to keep them through the instance. Or it's a Blood DK that busts out his CDs and can self heal himself.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOoze View Post
    I rarely get irritated enough to not heal someone (and I can count the times on my two hands), but when it does happen this always seems to be the case. The trimmings always seem to feed out to them somehow, whether it be PoM or Wild Growth, it's always enough to keep them through the instance. Or it's a Blood DK that busts out his CDs and can self heal himself.
    The most annoying things is when you're not-healing someone because you just don't have the time, and they WON'T use their class abilities to save themselves. OK, if you're a rogue you have an excuse to get owned by the AoE hell that is the PoS pulls on the hill--but every retadin who just sits there and eats it and dies makes me die a little on the inside. When I DO see retadins save themselves I feel a little fuzzy on the inside. True story! I actually saw a retadin HEAL HIMSELF. Whoa.

What makes me happy in PoS: ranged DPS.

I like the new spell coming with cata [pulling a raidmember back 30 feet from the heat of the fight.... that will be neat.]
    Hope we ca use it out of combat =)

PRIEST

Quote Originally Posted by bubblejoo View Post
    I like it in heroics when a tank asks if they can put on there dps gear because i look really bored.
    LOL I got very very very tired of doing nothing in heroics.. I started running with a descently geared ret pallie as a tank. With RF on they are aggro machines so not a problem there and when they are in dps gear with lower health and no avoidance it makes my life interesting to see if i can keep him up. Makes for a good time... I suggest all bored healers find a ret pallie and make him Queue as tank.

I like a tank who knows what they're doing. And when they do it as a team player and realize they're not a 1 man show.

Something that makes me mad is when I was doing reg HOL someone pulled the first boss while he was enraged with the lightning. Nobody died but the tank blamed me for pulling and said "are you going to pay for my repair bill?". i said what repair bill? He said "we took all that extra damage to our armor from getting hit hard". I was like o.O

Second cool story

I did H OK my 1st day as 80. a Prot pally with 50khp pulled 3 groups of the spiders with the powerful spell casts. Everyone lives. I say "mana". and The tank says "f*** this then" and leaves. o.O

So anyone who doesn't act like either of those tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetix View Post
    I like a tank who knows what they're doing. And when they do it as a team player and realize they're not a 1 man show.

Something that makes me mad is when I was doing reg HOL someone pulled the first boss while he was enraged with the lightning. Nobody died but the tank blamed me for pulling and said "are you going to pay for my repair bill?". i said what repair bill? He said "we took all that extra damage to our armor from getting hit hard". I was like o.O

Second cool story

I did H OK my 1st day as 80. a Prot pally with 50khp pulled 3 groups of the spiders with the powerful spell casts. Everyone lives. I say "mana". and The tank says "f*** this then" and leaves. o.O

So anyone who doesn't act like either of those tanks
    For the HoL thing... I will apologize on behalf of my pet warrior for the innocent resto druid dragged into a ridiculous pull. We were doing a guild run and pugged a healer--for once I was playing with my offspec, enhancement (I think I had just gotten a new axe to try out). My boyfriend, tanking as usual, goes ahead and pulls the boss and his bajillion adds... because he assumes I'm healing like I normally do.

Me: "Dude wtf... that was ridiculous. I hope the healer doesn't hate you."
    Tank: "YOU'RE NOT HEALING??"
    "...Did you not notice the tree following you around?"

He apologized to the tree, who was a great sport and had managed to heal us through it like a champ, even though her gear wasn't amazing.

what i like :

1.) the feeling of success when i am on top of my healing meters (i know...im a meter whore) especciiially on valthira fight
    2.) love it when i get phat loot in heroic icc
    3.) like when raid praises healers....not just me in general...i like it when they appreciate the fact that WE keep them alive to pad their own dps
    4.) loooooveee bandage healing valithria

what i hate:
    1.) when dps in 25m ask me..A HOLY PALLY...where are my heals?? when im healing tanks ....why dont u ask the holy priest,resto druid/shammy! god....my job is to keep the tanks alive dont ask me to heal 25 others -.-
    2.) when tanks chain pull when healers are OOM
    3.) when other people get loot when they dont deserve. or they dont really need -.- ele shammy with OS resto getting meteorite trinket for his OS rather than me getting it -.-
    4.) people who stand on void zones and asking for heals.....GO BANDAGE YOURSELF!

I think it's cute when I get a scaredy-tank. You know, the ones that go forward, stop, turn around to make sure someone's behind them.. then go forward.. wait.. and pull one or two gingerly. It's cute and I tell them it's ok, you can pull more.. don't be skeered....

On the other hand, I can't stand it when I get pugged into a 25 VoA and there's 2 or 3 healers trying to rez the few that died.. and there go the tanks! Marching off to their deaths, oblivious of where their healers are- OUT OF RANGE and out of mana, since multiple rezzes are costly to cast. Good thing trees can go cat form and sprint.

AS A DK TANK:

- I like when healers don't get bitchy because I take a lot of damage from not having a block set.

- I like when healers don't get bitchy because I'm not using my cooldowns unless in an emergency.

- I like when healers recognize that I'm tailoring the run to what they're capable of (massive pulls vs smaller pulls; slow pulling vs fast pulling; stand in the fire vs get out of the fire).

AS A DISC PRIEST:

- I like when tanks wait for me at the very start of the instance.

- I like when tanks give me the time to loot.

- I like when tanks ask me to CC something AND plan accordingly.

People who know the difference between your and you're, as well as their, there, and they're.

I love it when the tank blames you for his mistake.

For example:

A tank charges HM10 Marrowgar & then blames me because I didn't heal him at the start of the fight. I guess thinking that healing spells have a limited range never passed his mind.

I also love how it's possible to solo heal certain things now such as ToC10 & all the raids lower than that. (& people are like omgyou'resoamazing)

+ Reply to Thread