+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What makes you happy healers?

If you'll notice, a lot of stuff there boils down to healers liking either a) being responsible for saving a raid, or b) doing something out of the ordinary. I think some part of the reason is that we get so little praise in general. When you down a boss, there's some crowing about DPS, maybe the tank talks about his cooldown usage or something, but very rarely is a compliment paid to the healers. I can count on one hand the number of times after a fight that someone has said "man, that was awesome healing." My claim to fame was solo healing a Kael'thas attempt. Granted, it was at 80, but we were also 8 manning it. The Disc Priest we had died almost instantly, leaving me to run around and manage everything in that giant room. It was fun, but having people afterward go "how did you keep up with damage 100y away from each other as a Shaman?" made it better.

So compliment your healers, but don't patronize them. When they do something right, then mention it.

Also, personally, I hate criticism. To be honest, I don't care what you were doing in a particular fight, you didn't get a better view of what I was doing than I did, and I can figure out what I did wrong. So if you happen to get into a group with me, be very careful how you tell me to do something else. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kindralas View Post
    I think some part of the reason is that we get so little praise in general.

That's because healing is ez mode....NOT.

It is the hardest thing to effectively gauge, though.

I like it when I get the feeling that I made a difference - for instance I saved a person in a raid that would else die for sure.
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

I like it when all healers work together and help eachother out. I like it that if i am running for some sort of crap (like Anub pursue) that other healers heal 'my' target instead of going 'that wasn't my target to heal so i cba'.

I like it when tanks chain pull, otherwise i may just go roll a cigarette after every pull because of boredom.

I like to get water from a mage

I like to have a Soulstone

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    I like compliments.
    Ego strokes?

I like it when we get a clutch win because our healing crew played well as a team.

I like it when no one dies on a tough fight.

Looks like it's about the same as some of you

in the pre 80 pugs:

I like it when the new tanks listen as well as the dps (he... down 20%... then kill him, then go and kill him). Failure to do so = death as one group learned.
    I like it when tanks are geared. Nothing like healing the pre 80's with tanks with int and mp5 and unsocketed gem slots and NO defense.
    I like it when tanks play to the level of others. I enjoy this post 80 too.
    I LOVE it when tanks recognize that certain spells on them mean "GO PULL"
    I love appreciation for the fact I just carried the group for a bit. (getting harder to do in the early 70 instances now with bad tanks).
    I love tanks that keep things off me.
    I love tanks that win greed rolls and then give me whatever it was I lost on because it'll make me a better healer.
    I enjoy helping others learn the game.

Post 80
    I love the fact I recently did DTK in less than 10 minutes and appreciate the elite groups that not only do speed runs, but do them right and to perfection.
    I love it when other healers in raids actually use add ons and heal well/quickly so I don't feel like i'm carrying the load.
    I love tanks that know how to position for everyone in the group, not just themselves.
    I love tanks that know how to interrupt and do.

oh... and i kind of enjoy making squishies feel like tanks in icc by keeping them alive after they were dunces and pulled aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Ego strokes?
    Are they human?
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Ego strokes?
    You can call it that, but it's nice when someone recognizes my efforts since mainly no one notices. Normally I only get compliments when I save what would have been a wipe but those are too few and spread between.

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    You can call it that, but it's nice when someone recognizes my efforts since mainly no one notices. Normally I only get compliments when I save what would have been a wipe but those are too few and spread between.
    I was teasing! I love getting compliments about my healing too. I'd love to get them about my tanking, but no one ever seems to compliment tanks. If they do their job, no one notices :-/

It makes me happy when people avoid unnecessary damage.

It makes me happy when raid groups are organized in such a way that people standing near each other during the encounter are in the same group.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    It makes me happy when people avoid unnecessary damage.
    Other than this, assuming we are talking mostly about heroics. It makes me happy when I do not have to pull mobs myself because I am bored(yeah clothies can tank heroics too =p)

I love pulling somebody out of the clutches of death at the very last moment and having them recognize the feat.

i like it when i heal a heroic and never go below 75%
    i also like it when everyone realizes there are bad days and actually understand

i like it when in 5 mans the tank takes a fraction of a second sometimes before he runs off out of range again to let me loot as well............

My guild healers like it when they can stay in dps spec and beat someone else on dps stakes as well as healing the 5 man lol (happens quite alot too :P)

i always always praise my healers
    especially if im in my dps gear and i accidently mash bladestorm to early loool

I very often will compliment a tank, in the randoms. Unfortunately, by the time I type out the compliment, he's usually gone, and the dead Boss just doesn't care...

I suppose I could make a macro, but it doesn't seem personal enough...

;>)
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

I like healing a group then being asked to switch to DPS because we have to many healers. It just makes when smile when people have been posting meters all night about their DPS numbers then I jump in and put them in their place with my off spec gear.

Granted it is rare I crack the top 6 anymore with our DKs, hunters, rogues and Mages all pushing 10K+

+ Reply to Thread