+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you happy healers?

What makes you happy healers?

So i don't got any problems with any of my healers currently, i'm just curious,

when a tank does/says/equips/casts *insert thing here* i become truly happy

what is that thing for you?

your time and responses are much appreciated
    Winter is coming

I like when they stop and type "You, yeah you, with the mana bar. Drink."

I like when the tank keeps an eye on my mana, or askes how much I need to keep him alive. Or lets me loot my dead bodys and doesn't run to the next room and start pulling...

When DK tanks know what mana is. >:I It's your bloody health bar just in blue!
    Last edited by Apocalypstix; 03-26-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: DK tanks. ;_;

I like when a dungeon goes so quick that I don't get to take a mana break and on the odd occassions I need mana, I have to use my shadowfiend. Moar tanks that pull room after room please.

I like it when I get loot.
    “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

I like it when tanks, or anybody for that matter, acknowledge that they're being carried by my heals. It's kind of entertaining running 5mans with a really bad group just to see if I can keep them alive. I've come to the conclusion that tanks are overrated for 5man trash.

I hate it when tanks yell out for heals every time their health bar dips low. I'm well aware of what your health bar reads at all times, so if your health is low there's a reason I wasn't able to get a heal off.

Tanks yelling for heals when I've already cast Guardian Spirit on them makes me laugh a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieDave View Post
    I like it when tanks, or anybody for that matter, acknowledge that they're being carried by my heals. It's kind of entertaining running 5mans with a really bad group just to see if I can keep them alive. I've come to the conclusion that tanks are overrated for 5man trash.
    I had a Paladin healer cast Beacon and Shield on me just as the first boss to H. HoL aggroed. Of course, I had placed my DnD down in his anticipated path, which was altered by the change of aggro. So he and the other two adds ran right past me and straight for the healer. I managed to get a Blood Boil off and taunt the boss, but the healer was dead before I could do much. But, being a Blood DK, I killed the boss with the DPS without so much as a scary moment.

That aside though. When I'm the healer, I like when the Tank waits for me, as I'm not always running, running, running. I appreciate fast runs, sure, but I also appreciate considerate tanks who pay attention to the healer.

I love it when tanks understand the concept of Effective Health, and understand when to pop their cooldowns and why. Nothing makes me a sad Discie like a tank who stacks avoidance and thus takes mega spike damage. Then they inevitably take two or three big hits in a row and yell "WHERE WERE THE HEALS?!? after they go squish.

Nothing annoys me more than running low on mana, with a tank out of range, pulling, amid dead dps. I don't know, it's just not, somehow, elegant...

...or something...

Conversely, a tank who notices me, and acts wisely (even if not really in trouble), will gain not only my respect, but an "honorable mention" on my list of friends.

My best effort to heal comes with or without the help of tanks, however...

(On a similar, if slightly off-topic note: I absolutely love it when tanks, or anyone, notices that I've saved their ass, and mentions it, even in passing!)
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Having to heal makes me happy.

Having to work hard in heroic Nexus and getting credit makes me happy.
    Festergut makes me happy.
    Having 5 marks up on DBS makes me happy.
    Heroic NRB make me happy.

Marrowgar, Rotface and the Princes can DIAF.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I like compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Having to work hard in heroic Nexus and getting credit makes me happy.
    Festergut makes me happy.
    Having 5 marks up on DBS makes me happy.
    Heroic NRB make me happy.

OMG, I hate Rotface! Was just in there, first time, last night. Move here, move there, slimes, pools, spews--where's my heals? Shudder...
    It's like they took every separate thing I hated about Naxx, and put it all in one encounter!

I just wanted to use my wand on a developer, for that one!
    ;>)

Marrowgar, Rotface and the Princes can DIAF.
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

I enjoy healing as a class choice in general but it does put a smile on my face when I get the occasional wsp from our best healer in the guild about my performance. Oh, and I do take sick pleasure in letting someone who has irked me suffer the consquences. Especially one mage in particular who would run and stand wherever I was, pull aggro off of the tank or just start the pull altogether, and then iceblock so I could reap all of the love that the pulled mob had. Yes, yes...I enjoyed letting her die. Repeatedly.
    When you don't have a mouth, no one can hear you scream.

I like it in heroics when a tank asks if they can put on there dps gear because i look really bored.

On my healer I like a challenge with how people are geared now it's nice to try things. We had a pally tank that just wouldn't go lower then 90% health. I'm bored out of my tree and he politly made a suggestion that he should remove some gear. ( I was dancing on most pulls) so he took his shoulders and pants off and we had an awesome time.

I like it when tanks know the upcoming fight very well, know what spec I am running, and let me know ahead of time that they will need my Guardian Spirit or Pain Supression and then they call out when to cast it. Nothing worse than poping my GS or PS too early and it is on CD when really needed.

For 5 mans, I like when a tank realizes that I am ready when I cast Prayer of Mending on them. And, that if I haven't cast it I'm probably not ready, which rarely happens.

Didn't intend for a wall of text, but here goes.

I like when I get the feeling that I'm the only reason a run succeeded.
    I like when a tank in a random looks at how well geared a random group is before pulling mountains of mobs, and then pulling mountains of mobs if folks are good for it.
    I like explaining to new healers the benefits of healbot and/or macros.
    I like when a newbie tank actually takes advice that I know from experience tanking as a Druid and Death Knight.
    I like putting up so many Disc shields in Naxxramas that any other healers have to struggle to hit 300 HPS.
    I like puppies and kitties.
    I like outhealing Druids in far better gear than I have on my Druid.
    I like figuring out why someone else outhealed me.
    I like playing a critical role in a fight.
    I like running a heroic with guildies, in Shadow, and never dropping out of Shadow Form despite being the healer for the run.
    I like explaining to new Raid Leaders why they might want to put all the melee together in the Raid groups.
    I like finding strong interactions with other classes.

Now ask me what I hate...

What makes me really happy is if we survive a difficult battle.
    I really enjoy the time right after Festergut, with no dead people.

Oh, and i really like to struggle in fights, it makes everything more fun to do

I like it when the raid actuallly gives me a compliment on having done a good job on healer intensive fights.
    I like it when I outheal folks who constantly brag about their leet healing skills.
    I like it when people go 'O_O' after solo healing Onyxia thinking paladins were never ever capable of such things.
    I like overhealing to prevent boredom.
    I like it when tanks don't blindly blame the healer for getting them killed, but also look at themselves to see what they themselves can improve to be healable (HP shortage in ICC comes to mind personally )

I like my job. I like being allowed to do it the way I think it needs to be done.

I don't like being told to do it by someone who obviously has never played a healer.

+ Reply to Thread