View Poll Results: WHICH would you choose for your weapon?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • TRUAMA

12 44.44%
  • LOCKJAW

17 62.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TRAUMA or LOCKJAW

TRAUMA or LOCKJAW

just wanted to know..... for holy pallys.... TRAUMA or LOCKJAW? i got both..and i just wanna know which would be more beneficial.

love and peace

I saw from a previous post that you are doing hardmode icc10 so im guessing you have Heroic lockjaw. Choice is obvious, same spellpower, but you get haste, mp5, a socket and more intellect.

I would still take 251 Lockjaw over 264 Trauma for a Holy Paladin. The extra mana is fantastic, and 50 Haste is a significant amount - both of these combined more than make up for some extra spellpower, and the AoE healing proc is too weak for this class to really take into account.

Lockjaw wins hands down for holy paladins. The proc is pretty useless for us. Maybe one day I'd pick it up and mess around with it on VDW for lols, but otherwise I'm sticking with lockjaw for now.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Trauma is a raid healing weapon (especially if you're chain healing melee ^_^)
    Lockjaw for tank lovin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

well as of right now i have both weapons.. i have the normal version of both...i have yet to see the heroic lockjaw...its been about 3 weeks now and ive yet to see that drop lol..

btw...anyone know the proc rate for trauma?? ive been hearing that it profs off from your judgement...so wouldnt that be good? since melee is attacking the judged target??

From the point of view of our druid and pally Trauma is an awesome item for 25 man raids but it sucks hard on 10 mans and I am inclined to agree with them if you think about it a pally healing the tank on 10 mans has a chance of procing off trauma to around 4 players 2x tanks 2x melee but in 25 man it's much more effective, the same goes for raid healers the more raiders there are the higher chance Trauma puts out its full healing.

So imo 10 mans go with Lockjaw, 25 mans Trauma.

hmmm ive never thought about that...i have both so ill try it out when we do 25 tonight...but the thing is im loosing haste which i LOVE! my haste right now is 860 unbuffed.. lols

I have normal Trauma as a Shaman Healer, and I am loving it. Granted it's usefulness is all over the place depending on fight/size/difficulty, but all in all it is a lovely weapon. Ofc, I'm a "proc believer", I use Nibelung both for my Ele spec and on my Warlock.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Quote Originally Posted by kintler1 View Post
    Ive been hearing that it profs off from your judgement...so wouldnt that be good? since melee is attacking the judged target??
    Trauma does not proc of judgements, your better of sticking with lockjaw. Holy pally even in 25s your going to peak at 4-6% of your healing from Trauma on a fester25 some fights eg bpc its sub 1%. I have both normal truama and heroic lockjaw, and lockjaw is miles better.

Lockjaw.

Whenever I see a holy paladin with Trauma, they usually have the 264 libram and crappy spell power trinkets to go with it... and are on a raid team that struggles to down 6/12 normal... and they wonder why.

Look at the world's top guilds, and look at their paladins... see how many non-Valanyr paladins use Trauma.
    "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld."

I wish I had a valanyr.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Odene View Post
    I wish I had a valanyr.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Matuzak View Post
    Lockjaw.

Whenever I see a holy paladin with Trauma, they usually have the 264 libram and crappy spell power trinkets to go with it... and are on a raid team that struggles to down 6/12 normal... and they wonder why.

Look at the world's top guilds, and look at their paladins... see how many non-Valanyr paladins use Trauma.
    i ALWAYS ask people who use the 264 libram why they use it...sure its a utility thing....maybe its even good for FL pallys, but seriously....idk why blizz even made that...

Quote Originally Posted by Odene View Post
    I wish I had a valanyr.
    THAT and the meteorite trinket from algalon...IF i get that...i can die a happy happy man....

Quote Originally Posted by Matuzak View Post
    Lockjaw.

Depends on what some of the "spellpower" trinkets are. Some of them have better regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Depends on what some of the "spellpower" trinkets are. Some of them have better regen.
    I was about to say this. Solace, either normal or heroic, still is a ton of regen along with the spellpower. If they're using the Gunship trinket or something though, well that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    I was about to say this. Solace, either normal or heroic, still is a ton of regen along with the spellpower. If they're using the Gunship trinket or something though, well that's a different story.
    Well even the Purified Lunar Dust is good for those who can't get double Solace. It averages 70 mp5 in a 5 minute boss fight and has a lot of spellpower.

resto druid = trauma. period.

+ Reply to Thread