+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unholy compared to frost DW dps

Unholy compared to frost DW dps

Well, I am an experienced DK when it comes to Frost DW tanking, and I have always wondered about DW dps now that I am Blood two-hander tank. The thing is, I have been seeing alot of DK's on my NUB server go unholy DW without having any points in Blood. The spec they use looks like THIS. I myself have been looking at a Frost spec that makes sense to me, and have seen on fewer DK's, but better geared ones. That is THIS spec/glyphs.

My question for you guys is, which is better???
    If Unholy, Why? And why in the first place does it work at all?!
    If Frost, why?

You must fit in quite well on that "NUB server" if your asking this question. Lol, seriously, baddies these days...

Well ignoring the troll. Let's see if I understand your question correctly. Are you comparing Unholy 2h to Frost dw?

Unholy dw is pretty much dead these days, although I've seen some speculation that the next patch's massive haste buff will make unholy dw viable again (personally I wouldn't count on it).

Frost dw is currently a little behind the other builds for dps, but it's serviceable and if you lack an enhancement shaman it can work for your raid. Plus frost is inline for some buffs in the next patch (although the big one will only be apparent with an enhancement shaman - icy talons stacking with windfury).

I would recommend taking a look at the Elitist Jerk thread on frost dps if you're interested in giving it a go:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-f..._3_3_new_hope/

FYI - the first spec you linked is a slightly inferior variation of the cookie cutter T10 unholy 2h dps build (yes, there's a different build for T9 content...)

Thank you for that link, it turned out to be really helpful.

Ya I noticed it was the t10 cc but I didn't think everyone would understand if I used that term >.< For some reason people from the realm are DW with it too.....

+ Reply to Thread