+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms and Experitse

Arms and Experitse

I've read pros and cons to expertise capping as an arms warrior, and its making my head spin. I know that a dodged attack will enable overpower, but a dodged attack will also not generate any rage. Are the models just not able to accurately take into account rage income?

RAWR and Landsoul's show dps increases by selecting "upgrades" that drop me below the expertise cap. Yes, I'm aware it's much lower with 2/2 in weapon mastery, but i'd be at 12 skill with the Recovered Onslaught Cape (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50470), and 18 with Might of the Ocean Serpent (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50467), yet both RAWR and Landsoul's spreadsheet show the Recovered Onslaught Cape as the better upgrade.

Just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction before I spend emblems on one cloak or the other.

Done some more diggin and someone mentined that a dodged attack will still generate rage, can someone confirm this?

Also, can a mod fix my poor spelling of "Expertise" in the title?

rage shouldn't be a problem raid buffed as arms unless you are heavy on heroic strike usage. overpower only costs 5 rage and will let your deep wounds keep rolling on a target since raid buffed it's at or near 100% crit chance with imp overpower. i ran for quite a few weeks with only 9 expertise, 4 from strength of arms talent and 5 from the orc axe racial (0/2 weapon mastery as well) until i switched to fury and i had 0 rage problems unless i heroic striked a bit too much. you can pop bloodrage at those times to keep your rotation going in case you make a mistake like that. with endless rage and trial 25+ gear, one white hit should almost fill your whole rage bar with raid buffs.

get the agi cloak because it's perfectly itemized for arms. as far as gaining rage on a dodged attack i don't think that is true, but cannot confirm.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread