+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Rotation

Fury Rotation

Can you help.

I have been using the folloiwng rotation:

Main Target Over 20% health

Whirl Wind, Bloodthirst, Slam (if proc'd), Heroic Strike if over 60% or Cleave depending on Mob Numbers

Main Target Under 20%

Same but switich HS for Execute

After trawling through many a post i come accross Thegreatme's guide to a fury warrior tutorials on Tankspot forums. Guide number 2 advises on rotation:

WW, BT, Free GCD or Slam if procd, Wait 1 second, BT, Wait 1 second, WW (it also states about stance dancing and shatering throw and rend on the GCD if no Slam). Please watch the video if you want to see more on it here on Tank Spot.

What should i be using as until now i thought my rotation was OK??

Follow the guide recommendations, I'd say. I more or less follow that and for the level of gear my fury warrior has, I have no complaints.

I don't do the stance-dance stuff. I'm sure if you execute it properly it's good, but my fury warrior is my 6th alt.

Thanks

Has nayone got any more comprehensive advice on this?

The guide for Fury (which you have quoted) is the current rotation. I don't see what more you are looking for with no armory link, no Log parses, no nothing.

Rotation:

WW, BT, Free GCD or Slam if procd, Wait 1 second, BT, Wait 1 second, WW

Heroic strike is always cue'd over 60% rage, but you don't spam it or you end up rage starved.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Wrong Information

I don't know why people keep saying to use WW first... you use Bloodthirst first always.

BT - WW - Open - BT - Open - Open - BT - repeat

Open spaces are used for slams and if you have no slam procs during the "open - open" section you stance dance, rend and you have enough time to be back before BT is even up. If you don't have slams and you don't feel like rending, these are the spaces you should be putting sunder armor up.

As for after 20% you don't replace heroic strike with execute, you replace slam with execute. After 20%, no more slams - this is a bit of a toss up if you have 4pt10.

As for stance dancing with rend there are a few macros you can search and use, but tieing battle stance to up on your mouse and berserker to down on your mouse is probably the most effective way to do it, macros can get you stuckin certain stances.

After spending hours and hours raiding, sitting on a dummy and scouring EJ for information - I put together a small quick and fast guide that my guildies can reference to

http://delusion.dkpsystem.com/viewth...did=222&ttid=8

Check it out if you wish, it has basics that one needs to know for their fury warrior :]

Other than that, it just takes lot of practice, good luck.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

dont think it matters which one you use first, it equals out the same. if you start a fight with bt first then prioritize it over ww for the whole duration, if ww is first prioritize that.

in execute phase you should only execute if you don't have any bloodsurge procs to fill in your free gcd's.

rend should be used during times you won't be on the boss, ony air phase, marrowgar bonestorm, worms and gormok in northrend beast fight, blood queen for incite terror, etc. you can leave yourself rage starved after stance dancing so you have to be very careful to not be a dps loss.

i find mouse wheel stance dancing too bothersome. i use cleave for mouse wheel down and hs for mouse wheel up, helps alot when you spam it heavily (once you get in higher end gear you can basically spam hs with 25 man raid buffs). just macro a battle stance switch and rend and hit zerker stance seperate.

#showtooltip Rend
    /startattack
    /castBattle Stance
    /cast Rend

hit that twice then hit your zerker stance hotkey.

in your guide you say crit is pointless ~55% which is wrong since it depends on your gear as to what the crit cap is. 100% - D (chance to be dodged) - M (chance to be missed) - G (glancing blows which is a static 25%) - crit conversion (4.8%) = crit cap. the more hit you have over 164 with precision will raise your crit cap since your chance to be missed is lower. commanding pressence is still nice to have with all the aoe damage in the past few tiers of content no matter how many ret pallies you have for imp might. 5/5 comm. pressence makes your commanding shout the best hp buff in the game. giving your entire raid taht will help the healers a ton on heavy aoe fights (blood queen for example). 2 points in imp. intercept is nice, but its very situational on when you need to intercept a lot during fights. i find just putricide that 2/2 imp intercept would be helpful. imp execute would be better for the majority of the fights, even if you don't execute alot. booming voice would be best since that will give shouts a longer duration making it to where you would have to only reshout once on those long icc fights. once you get in high end gear you shouldnt need any rage help from unbridled wrath unless you can't manage your rage properly. you could shift those points into booming voice or another utility talent and keep imp intercpet if really want to.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    The guide for Fury (which you have quoted) is the current rotation. I don't see what more you are looking for with no armory link, no Log parses, no nothing.

Rotation:

WW, BT, Free GCD or Slam if procd, Wait 1 second, BT, Wait 1 second, WW

Heroic strike is always cue'd over 60% rage, but you don't spam it or you end up rage starved.
    Thanks Mellvar, i didnt need to link armory, parses and such, it was a question with regard to rotationand you have confirmed for me i was using the wrong one

Sixstrings and Destruyen - thanks for the inciteful posts, i will take it all under advisement and have a look at your fury guide - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    in your guide you say crit is pointless ~55% which is wrong since it depends on your gear as to what the crit cap is. 100% - D (chance to be dodged) - M (chance to be missed) - G (glancing blows which is a static 25%) - crit conversion (4.8%) = crit cap.
    just a short correction: It has to be 100-D-M-G+4,8, since crit conversion is gone and now crit depression is also there for white hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietsch View Post
    just a short correction: It has to be 100-D-M-G+4,8, since crit conversion is gone and now crit depression is also there for white hits.
    i keep forgetting about that change. thanks for the reminder
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

You use WW first because while its on CD you can get 2 BT off, and you cant gimp the CDs. More dps.

Quote Originally Posted by DimetrisDoA View Post
    You use WW first because while its on CD you can get 2 BT off, and you cant gimp the CDs. More dps.
    it really does not matter which one you start with

bt -> ww -> free gcd -> bt -> free gcd -> free gcd -> bt -> ww

ww -> bt -> free gcd -> free gcd -> bt -> free gcd -> ww -> bt
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

So just to confirm:

Under 20% i am switiching Heroic Strike or Slams for Execute??

you fill your empty globals between bt and ww with execute while still using slam procs.

for example:

bt -> ww -> execute (slam if you have bloodsurge proc instead) -> bt -> execute (or bs proc if you have one) -> execute -> bt -> ww
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread