+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Fury seeking pro help

Warrior Fury seeking pro help

Hi,

As the title says, I need some help since im concerned with my current dps. Im pulling around 6-8k dps on trash mobs and for some reason 3.8-5k dps on the bosses. Having tons of rage problems. This was ICC 10m. I seriously don't know what to do!

Im decently geared and I have what should be a good rotation

Whirlwind, Bloodthirst, Slam when it applies, Heroic Trow and Heroic Strikes above 40 rage.

This is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Armageddor

I also want to add that recently I obtained Wratfull Legs and Bracers, Im not sure if they would make a good addition to my set, but if they do please advice me how to gem them to get max efficiency from them if they could be used for both pvp and pve.

Also I need to know the cap for ArP if there is one and any other things I should be aware of.

Thank you for your time.

Armageddor from Skullcrusher US

Your gear is better then mine and on trash i pull 11k + and on a boss like fester i pull about 8.5-9k and i never have any problems with my rage, always seem to be full of it

Looking at your profile briefly i note that your crit appears to be a little low.

With ArP soft cap is when you get 100% armour pen with a trinket proc. normally around 51/52% without a proc which is what you should be aiming for.

Re the rotation its so simple its not even funny. Wouldnt use Heroic Throw as it resets your swing timer, dont think i ever use it unless i am out of melee range. Make sure you are exp capped mh and oh. hit you want around 200 with 3/3 precision.

Only had chance to have a brief look at your profile as i am at work at he moment but should get you started

Lintarra

Some good advice above, I don't ever use Heroic Throw unless I'm out of melee range, as it does reset your swing timer.. it shouldn't really be part of your normal rotation.

Are you feeling rage starved? How often are you heroic striking? Do you have any combat reports we could read? Looking over your armory I feel like it's likely a rotation problem more than a gear problem. That being said... You're waaaaay over the expertise cap of 26. You could swap out your bracers or boots for upgrades w/o expertise on them and see a DPS boost. You could complete your 4 piece t10 bonus for another DPS boost. Taking the t10.5 gloves is a little suspect, as the Frost Badge gloves are Best in Slot, but maybe they fell into your lap during a Vault run.

I think you're ever so slightly above the ArP softcap but that's not a big deal. Your spec looks good. Your gemming and enchanting is fine...

I would pay the 200 gold for the Agility Ashen Verdict ring, it's just better itemized for us.

We're comparably geared, you can see my stuff below:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gn=Steady+Hand

Only real differences are: I do have slightly better weapons (Brynn-Troll isn't great for Fury but it'll do for now) and I've got less wasted expertise and the T9 2 set bonus for extra crit.

IMO you should re-evaluate your build, 3/5 Flurry isn't really a good idea, especially if you are having rage problems. Also, tactical mastery in Arms versus Iron will is more useful in preserving rage when shatter/rend is used.

You may want to go for some of the socket bonuses by using crit/str gems, since you are a little over the ArP cap when NES procs. I didn't find the uptime on that trinket all that dependable until I hit a higher percentage of crit, since it's proc'd on a crit hit. As above, work your expertise and hit down.

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

drop 1 arp gem for an str gem, get 5/5 flurry. imp bersker rage is a terible talent, and the rage gain at the cost of the GCD it eats up is not worth it. drop expertise when ever possible down to ~25-26, anything past that is getting wasted. if you are getting both rampage and heroic fury you should be rolling 4/5 commanding presence. unbridled wrath is incredibly mediocre and you are better off putting those points in booming voice. drop some of your purple gems, the socket bonuses you are getting with them do not out weigh the loss of a red gem. the ashen verdict str ring is terribly itemized, the agi ring if much better. 12hit/12 crit is more DPS than +32 ap on your boots, but cat's swiftness/tuskarrs vitality is a far more useful enchant.if you have another piece of t9 gear use that instead of rolling with 3 pc t10/1pc t9, having the extra 2% crit far outweighs the stat loss from using lower ilevel gear.

also you wasted a bunch of your badges:
    gatecrasher gauntlets/cat burglers grips/log splitters are much better than t10 gloves
    vengful noose is much better than the plate belt
    the agi cloak is better itemized than the str cloak

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    drop 1 arp gem for an str gem, get 5/5 flurry. imp bersker rage is a terible talent, and the rage gain at the cost of the GCD it eats up is not worth it. drop expertise when ever possible down to ~25-26, anything past that is getting wasted. if you are getting both rampage and heroic fury you should be rolling 4/5 commanding presence. unbridled wrath is incredibly mediocre and you are better off putting those points in booming voice. drop some of your purple gems, the socket bonuses you are getting with them do not out weigh the loss of a red gem. the ashen verdict str ring is terribly itemized, the agi ring if much better. 12hit/12 crit is more DPS than +32 ap on your boots, but cat's swiftness/tuskarrs vitality is a far more useful enchant.if you have another piece of t9 gear use that instead of rolling with 3 pc t10/1pc t9, having the extra 2% crit far outweighs the stat loss from using lower ilevel gear.

also you wasted a bunch of your badges:
    gatecrasher gauntlets/cat burglers grips/log splitters are much better than t10 gloves
    vengful noose is much better than the plate belt
    the agi cloak is better itemized than the str cloak
    When are agi items better for warriors? I was in ToC25 last week and i rolled on agi ring. They said it was not a warr item so i would not get it i had the highest roll.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkraveR View Post
    When are agi items better for warriors? I was in ToC25 last week and i rolled on agi ring. They said it was not a warr item so i would not get it i had the highest roll.
    Its always been the case, and if your raid does not let you roll on agi jewelry or few leather peices which are BiS, they need some learning to do about DPS warrior gearing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

OMG I cannot believe i did not have flurry maxed out

Anyways following some of the advise given here I have boosted my dps to 11k on trash and 6-7k on bosses

Thanks guys!

Also which im planning on obtaining Deaths Veredict and Deathbringers will one of them should replace my Scorpion trinket and after that I will gem the rest of my set to ArP. Also I would like to know if the Deaths Veredict is better than my current trinket from Lady Deathwisper 251.

For fury, whispering fanged skull is better than death's verdict. This changes depending on if you have access to hard mode gear or not.

There's a Best in Slot loot list here: http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-w...n_spreadsheet/

My guild also was looking at me cross eyed when I was rolling on leather, mail and agility gear until I explained to them why. Landsouls sheet and RAWR both call out several non-plate pieces and agility pieces for warriors. I have been following Landsoul's sheet for a month now and I have been bringing my raid DPS up each week. My trash DPS is just insane where I have to wait for a good amount of time so the tanks get full aggro or I pull and get killed. We just burn Saurfang now without worrying about the adds and I hit 9400 on him and I did 9800 on Festergut this week.
    I just got the pre-axe to Shadowmourne (Shadowsedge i think) and that hurt my expertise so i had to resort back to the Vengeance trinky to bring it up until I can get a new piece or two to offset. My hard capped ARP is still over 90% and according the Landsouls sheet, it didn't hurt me that much.

Good luck,
    Packy-Kul Tiras

If heroic throw resets your swing timer, which is bad, is stance dancing to use shattering throw worth the debuff that is applied?

Quote Originally Posted by timsobuff74 View Post
    If heroic throw resets your swing timer, which is bad, is stance dancing to use shattering throw worth the debuff that is applied?
    its a personal dps loss, but the raid dps gained makes up for that loss. it's deffinately worthwhile to hit it during bloodlust, or as many times a fight that you can squeeze it in. for example, i use shattering throw in p1 or at the start of p2 in putricide 25 because i know it will be up at the start of p3 for when we use bloodlust.

try to use shattering throw during the 2 free globals after your 2nd bt and while ww is still on cd so your rotation isn't thrown off or greatly delayed. bt -> ww -> free global -> bt -> free global -> free global -> bt
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Ok I already made some changes and got some new gears. My DPS has improved a whole bunch but I still feel somethign is missing. I have a theory that I need to add the Deathbringer will to my set take out the scorpion and gemm all for ArP since the trinket wont be there. Also Im still trying to lose some expertise so before u point it out I have spotted it alredy. atm im shooting for t10 helmet need 15 eofs more so i get the bonus from the set.

I thank everyone in here who helped me out. I will drop the purple gems in a future when i switch gear since they are expensive and im close to changing them.

Any other tip to improve is appreciated.

My armory is posted on top if u guys want to spot what i did there.

+ Reply to Thread