+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bryntroll vs. Ramaladni's for DK tanking

Bryntroll vs. Ramaladni's for DK tanking

I have been tanking with Bryntroll for awhile now and I haven't really had any problems using it. Lately though I have been doing some hard research on my gear and I was wondering if the Bryntroll or Ramaladni's is better for DK tanking. I have both at the moment but I currently use Bryntroll for tanking and Ramaldni's for DPSing.

depends, the life steal could be nice since dks tend to take a bitm ore damage than other tanks, but with the Ramaladni's, the arp is nice for blood tanks to help with threat a tad and if u need expertise it is a good source. just depends on stats you need really, the Bryntroll will also hit harder cause its a higher ilvl weapon in turn causing a bit more threat

Unless you're having threat issues, I would switch them around. If you're not having threat issues, Bryn'troll and Ramaladni's are basically identical in terms of the effective health they provide for tanking. Bryn'troll is a better weapon for DPS though simply because of its higher innate DPS. The proc isn't that great anymore as a DPS but it's good enough.

On the other hand, if for some reason you're having threat issues then Bryntroll is absolutely amazing as a threat weapon (remember, that proc is balanced around being used by a DPS class, but it doesn't scale or de-scale with your stats, so the overall % damage it contributes while tanking is significantly higher than while playing dps).

Well, I'm definitely not having any threat problems. The proc on Bryn and the normal green stats on the Blade of Culling are really hard to compare. The fact that the blade has expertise on it would allow me to be at 26 expertise and then gem for a little more more survivability. Right now I out gear most of the encounters I'm facing and figure its better overall for me to be able to be up there in threat and let the DPS not worry about theirs. (Current my guild is focusing on 10 mans and only clear up through the first wing in 25.)

Bumpin cause I was still looking for a bit more feedback :]

You answered your own question. You don't need Bryntroll for threat and can use the expertise on Ramaladni's to convert gems to pure stamina. Sounds like a good plan to me.

This might also be a good comparison to run through RAWR or the other gear comparison sites. Only comparing two key items with the same gear otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread