+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats wrong?

whats wrong?

i thought i was on the right track, but apparently not.for some reason i sometimes cant hold my threat. a guy or 2 might get by me or not pay any mind to me at all. or ill have everything under control, then bam. trash is scattering, im chasing them down, trying. basically looking like i should be riding the short bus. considering that a week after hitting 80, i was gonna delete this toon, because it was so ridiculous. i had know clue about anything related to tanking or wow. thanks to my first guild, they saved toons butt.i do use the 696 rotation, constantly working on my approach and positioning. etc. is there something that im missing. about to make a guild up grade, which means more raiding, finally. they happen to catch me at 1 of my shining moments. i would like to live up to that

Please include a link to your armory (www.wowarmory.com). No one can give you any sort of meaningful advice without being able to see your gear, spec, glyphs, etc. As it stands, I don't know what class you are and what specific fights you are talking about.

If you are having trouble in general with tanking, then I would recommend reading one of the excellent class-specific guides found elsewhere on this website. I think my greatest improvements as a tank have come from constantly reading the advice of bloggers and contributors.

If you are looking for advice with some specificity, then you need to provide your specifics as mentioned above.

Guessing he's a paladin since he mentioned "696 rotation".

It sounds like you are talking about tanking packs of mobs with heavy AoE going off. Really good AoE can still pull off a paladin tank, unless you act a bit more like a warrior, and tab target around to make sure you are building good threat on everything.

And every paladin tank I've ever tanked with has occasionally not noticed that they have Righteous Fury off. That ability has a bad habit of turning itself off all on its own, it would seem. Whether or not that is part of the issue here, get a mod that'll scream at you if it's off.

unfortunately, im not the most computer savoy person. i tried to figure out how to link profile, but couldnt figure it out. gonna get it on here though asap

+ Reply to Thread